Fixes:
Dialer sluggishness

Update your software
•    Go to All Applications
•    Tap Settings > About Phone > System Updates > HTC Software Update
•    Select Check Now
•    Follow the on-screen instructions to download the update

Important Notes:
This update will take approximately 5-10 minutes to download and 5-10 minutes to install.
The new software version is: 2.31.651.7 - UPDATED

This update may be released in stages; if you do not see the update on your phone immediately, please be patient.

Message was edited by: dshoem01

Message was edited by: dshoem01

51 REPLIES 51
Highlighted

Downloading now Mpls/St Paul Minnesota. Will let you know how it goes

Message was edited by: conradmr1
The download took less than 5 minutes and the install took under 10 minutes (of course this was at 10 pm). Just so you know, when the phone rebooted and it appeared that the screen had loaded, when I went to unlock it took me back to the white "htc" screen for less than a minute and then a message came that the install was complete. As I do whenever I download apps, etc, I did power off and remove battery for approximately one minute.
Although I have not had the significant lag that others have, I did make a phone call - there did not seem to be a delay when the phone actual dialed. The phone also rang on the second ring (called from my house phone). I did not lose any apps, text messages, emails - I did notice that I had additional bookmarks which were not there before (facebook, htc, flicker) and the bookmarks were in a different order (no big deal).
Good luck to everyone and I hope this maintenance release solves the issue of the lag for dialing specifically (although bluetooth issues would be nice too - I just don't have a bluetooth to try it)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Friday, 9/24, 7am - Chicago - downloaded and installed....no problems

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got the update last night from one of the XDA-dev. forum. It fixes the dialing lag for sure. That was my main issue with the phone. It doesn't fix the paint chips though.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Aside from the release taking a LONG time to install on my phone (I saw Sprint's NOW sign for over 5 minutes) and after finally seeing a tiny congratulatory message stating that I updated my phone - the dial lag issue has been resolved (at least for now). I can now hang up and make another phone call without waiting for a response or up to 2 minutes before the call connects (that, and no accidental 3-way calling)

Highlighted
Journeyman

I bought my HTC Hero 6 months ago still the 1.5 and the software version is 1.56.651.2. I continually try to update and the system states that no new updates are available.

Anyway to manually update.

To note, when I go into system update I have 3 options (firmware update, update profile& update PRL)

Any advise is appreciated

Highlighted
Wizard

Are you going into Firmware Update and it tells you no updates are available?

Highlighted
Master

You can manually upgrade to 2.27.651.5 from the link below, I believe you need to have that version before this new version will be available to you OTA.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_HTC_Hero/case...

Highlighted
Journeyman

You have do download the HTC Sync Software to your PC and plug in your phone. You have to download what is called the 2.1 RUU file from sprint or htc's website. Once it's downloaded, just double click it, and follow the instructions. There is no way to upgrade form 1.5/1.6 to 2.1 straight from the phone. You NEED the Sync Software. I think its available from sprints and htc's website. Its really easy. It will wipe ALL the data on your phone, so make sure you have your contacts backed up to your google account and what not. Not sure why this supposed "Sprint Rep" that replied didn't tell you this. Once you do the stock 2.1 update. you should be able to update to the newest version through the phone menu as this thread says. Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you the advice I will try this

Really appreciated

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got it at dinner time today (09/24), Round Rock, TX.  Updated without any issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I updated the software and I see inconsistent performance.  I'm not sure if the update helped at all.  My wife and I each have a Hero.  I updated mine while she still has the previous version.  I've performed some tests and her phone and mine seem to have the same performance.  Sometimes mine would be faster, sometimes hers.  Also, when I dialed my phone from a land line, the phone would ring as soon as the 2nd and as late as the 5th ring.  This kind of performance is absolutely unacceptable.  I can't wait to replace the Hero with a better phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just checked the website and found out about the new release.  Checked for updates on my hero, it located the update.  It then downloaded and installed the update.  No problems.  Made a few phone calls and it seemed much faster.  Will find out for sure in the coming days.  So far so good right now. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat