cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANDROID 2.1 COMING SECOND WEEK IN MAY...Hopefully

Journeyman

ANDROID 2.1 COMING SECOND WEEK IN MAY...Hopefully

Just got off the phone with customer support, whom contacted DEV and Tech Support, regarding Android 2.1 for the HTC Hero.  She said it was originally due to come out one week ago, but was pushed back to mid-to-late second week in May, the 14-16ish.  Key word, "ish".  They hope to have all the bugs worked out and have it ready to go to be released then.  That is the OFFICIAL word from customer support.  I called 1-800-Sprint1 from a landline, FYI.

Being someone that has grown extremely frustrated about this process of people saying what they don't know to be true in the blogosphere, I am glad that I heard this from Sprint OFFICIALLY.  I will patiently await...

One month to go...hopefully.  Thank you Sabrina at Customer Support for your honesty!

49 REPLIES 49
Journeyman

Re: ANDROID 2.1 COMING SECOND WEEK IN MAY...Hopefully

Where do you think all the other rumors came from? You absolutely cannot trust anything a customer service/tech rep, from Sprint tells you on the phone. I bet you if you called last Saturday and asked a rep how long the My Sprint website would be down, you would have been told, "No more than six hours." Now that was official,and it was wrong. PLEASE everyone stop this idea that you have something new to post on the Android 2.1. You KNOW NOTHING unless you are an admin on this site. All you are doing is putting more garbage out there. READ THIS POST and try to understand it:  http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/28609

It is titled,

For a reason.....
Sprint Product Ambassador

It may be -- that's the current rumor on the street, and that's what Care has been instructed to say.  We'll see in a month from now if it was accurate.

I haven't any new information, still "Early 2Q 2010" which would include April or May.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

dbkerr...READ MY POST (AGAIN) AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND IT...

With all due respect, as I appreciate where you are coming from, it is not your responsibility to be the moral compass of this website.  That responsibility falls upon the Admins and Sprint.  I have been monitoring this site and web traffic for several months, just like everyone else.  I have read the article that you stated as well.  And we are all frustrated with the lack of progress on the Android 2.1 upgrade process.  That being said, my post is not "garbage" as you stated.  It is meant for informative discussion for all the users.  The information came straight from the DEV team, relayed to the CSR, communicated to a paying customer.  If that Customer Service Rep is lying, then I call upon Sarah or Will or whoever is admin here to contact that rep that I spoke with, and take appropriate action against that rep for relaying improper infomormation to a customer. I am sure that they can track my records and find whom I talked to...not that hard, trust me.

As for your thoughts:

- If I can't trust what the CSR is saying to me, then I cannot trust the company.  I choose to disregard your premise, as most CSR's I have spoken with have told me that early Q2 is the expected release date.  This is the first one to state a potential, but flexible date, in early Q2.

- If my post is incorrect, then I expect the Admin to state that fact, not you.  I would appreciate it if you would restrict your comments with the same restraint that you are asking me to use.  Let's have an informative discussion on the matter.

- I will bet that Sarah or Will will neither confirm nor deny what I have stated, precisely for what I have stated in my post.  There is no guarantee that the Second week in May will happen, as the original "release" date was pushed back (according to the CSR).  Then again, they might actually come out and say that IT IS a possibilty, but Early Q2 is still the anticipated date.  If you might notice in other boards and arenas, going back to the Instinct Insight, these are the same tactics were used to manage infomation by the Admins.

- If that rep did lie to me, or pass false information, then Sprint should take appropriate action.

- I trust that Sarah will respond to this post, or anything we have discussed.

Sarah, if I am wrong, or the information is incorrect, can you please notify me via PM or e-mail me.  As a customer, I am requesting this.

If you would have noted in my post, I did not set a "date".  I said that the rep told me that is the anticipated date.  And if I am wrong on this, then I encourage the Admins on this site to do their jobs, and correct this posting.  I am not intentionally floating rumors or speculation, I am stating the information that was given to me by Sprint.

Let's all hope that the second week in May is going to happen!  Can't wait to get it finally!  Then again, EVO is COMING 🙂    

Journeyman

Will,

Clearly my second post was written after you posted.  Nonetheless, I appreciate your posting!  It is right on par with what the lady said.  Thank you also for stating that the Care team was instructed to say what I was told.  I was told the second week...let's see it it was right!

Let's hope the DEV can make it happen!

Journeyman

Sorry if my post offends. But you must understand, since you state that you have been reading these posts for months, that ONE more post on what a CSR states is one too many. If you had news, you could have simply added to one of the many posts already on the same subject.

And yes, the community should point out when a newbie starts a new thread on something that has been posted many times before. It is for your information as well as others who have just begun to post.

Journeyman

To dbkerr:

First of all, the OP's status might be "NEWBIE" but he/she has been in these forums 2 years longer than you.  So technically, I wouldn't consider them a "NEWBIE".  Anyway, what you posted is no more informative than what the OP posted.  Forums are for people to post ANYTHING they want as long as it is topic-related, which OP's is, and as long as it is not offensive content.  One could argue that your post, just like mine, has been posted many times before and is totally unnecessary.  Also keep in mind that since the Sprint site has come back up, several people's posting stats are wrong.  OP could have tripple your posts, who knows.

To OP:

Thanks for posting this information in a new thread as I do not care to read an old thread that is 50 posts long and esentially says one thing. Thanks.

Message was edited by: tedydarwin

Message was edited by: tedydarwin

Journeyman

We shall see. I dont expect it beore July just to be honest. "Early" second quarter (to me) would only be April...not May. So, in my opinion, that deadline will be missed by this latest rumor.

Journeyman

I am always dubious about anything any CSR from any company tells me.  I can't count the number of times a Sprint rep has told me a "fact" like the Pre has voice-dialing or WinMo 6.5 is out.  I think the first time I'll see Android 2.x is when I buy the Evo.

Journeyman

Q2 includes the months of April, May, and June so early Q2 is still the first weeks of May. Why would the first 2 weeks of May be past the deadline?

Journeyman

quantrungleap wrote:

Q2 includes the months of April, May, and June so early Q2 is still the first weeks of May. Why would the first 2 weeks of May be past the deadline?

Technically any time in May would be "mid" Q2, but who's gonna argue that point...?

Journeyman

jerryturnbow wrote:

quantrungleap wrote:

Technically any time in May would be "mid" Q2, but who's gonna argue that point...?

Not Sprint!  They get the a$$-kissers to say 'poo-poo,  they're doing okay as long as they get it by 6/30.'  Like they forgot Sprint tightened their 'promise' in January to 'Early 2q".  EARLY 2Q IS APRIL ONLY !!! May 1 enters "MID 2Q".

So,  after getting SIX MONTHS to deliver an update they promised....

THEY MISSED THE DATE ONCE AGAIN!

And they tried to escape this by not giving a solid date!  But goofed it up anyway!

Wow.  maybe they can give the makers of 'DukeNukem3D' tips on delivery promises...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat