cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accept it or leave it

Highlighted
Patron

Accept it or leave it

I know a lot of  people will come at me hard for this but i dont care. ok as we all know 2.1 was suppose to come out today but it didn't and yes a lot of people are angry including myself, but a few minutes ago something hit me. I got to thinking and you know in life people lie and they say things and never keep to their word. so relating that to sprint, they had dates and never met them unofficial or not. but  when thinking about it, im not going to worry about 2.1 anymore nor do I care. im not rooting my phone or anything but im just going to be happy with what I got and keep it moving and whenever 2.1 comes out, it just does. I mean if its bothering you this much then you know there are other routes that you can take so that you can have 2.1, 2.2 or 2.3 whatever lol or switching carriers but as for me im not going to stress out over missed dates because you can't always get what you want cause this is life and life aint all roses. I mean if it will make you feel better, make a new theme for your hero and maybe you'll look at your phone a little different lol.

Message was edited by: Mr.CSU2011

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Accept it or leave it

gee, thanks hippy.

Journeyman

i agree with the op, unless you have actual issues with the phone (in which case I sugges you try to get a replacement) otherwise, we wait like all the others who currently have 1.5 or 1.6. because no one has gotten the upgrade from the 1.x series to the 2.x series

Journeyman

I am going to sort of split the baby. Once the Evo comes out, and there is no update, I plan on marching down to my Sprint store and offering them the option to let me upgrade immediately to an Evo (yeah, I know it'll probably cost me $200) or let me leave.

The compromise is that it costs me and it cost Sprint also. I get a great phone with updated software.

Journeyman

Your right about 2.1 update when it comes it comes

What i do care about is NO picture message, Youtube App. does not working right, The ring lag,  Most Applications will not run 1.5 ( well did i miss the 1.6 update ) No that was Sprint who gave a pass on that one, lets not forget that. Do people still make applications for 1.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

And it goes on, so yes you are right about the 2.1 update,  but are Sprint  dead wrong and wrong about all the issues that go with the 1.5 os for the Hero

I do not think so but hey its just a $179.00 phone  and $129.00 a month plan for a phone that does work right and has a issue with the buttons chipping

Which is just one more thing one more ON GOING ISSUE WITH SPRINT  and on and on

Have a good weekend all the best.......

Journeyman

dbkerr wrote:

I am going to sort of split the baby. Once the Evo comes out, and there is no update, I plan on marching down to my Sprint store and offering them the option to let me upgrade immediately to an Evo (yeah, I know it'll probably cost me $200) or let me leave.

The compromise is that it costs me and it cost Sprint also. I get a great phone with updated software.

No splitting here. Come June 02 (contract ends) if there is no update then I am gone. If there is an update then I will wait to look at the EVO. If I like the EVO then they can give it to me for free to extend my contract. If not then I am off to the next big thing. Maybe unrealistic but if I have to pay for a phone then I am going to make sure that it is not with Sprint. I will not pay for a phone unless I am guaranteed that I will not have to wait again for an update. Sprint refuses to guarantee me this. 

Journeyman

well as I said, mine has been running as it should, everything works (each time I hear someone complain about something not working, I try it right then)

I think Sprint passed on 1.6 because it wasn't a big update (actually dunno, I don't know what it added)

i'm wondering if the issues are related to people who got first runs of the phone.

Journeyman

having been a Verizon customer before coming to Sprint, I can tell ya they are slower at doing updates, if they do them at all, my Omnia NEVER got updated past winMo 6.1 pro, when 6.5 was available.. I still don't think your gonna get faster updates with anyone, when the phone makers are the ones who are making the update, and even then, esp with VZW, they will hold it up (when I see other carriers with the same phone getting updates, but not mine, THEN  suspect the carrier)

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat