cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alleged MR update on 11/18

Highlighted
Journeyman

Alleged MR update on 11/18

Since the MR thread is "Locked" I will post my info here.

Just got off the phone with Sprint. Rumor is at customer care that on 11/18 (tomorrow) there will be an update. However, before I have a nervous breakdown dealing with all the bugs in the software, i'm switching back to blackberry tonight. I really really don't want too. However,  In a critical situation where I need to use my phone i'm never sure if it will work. Will the phone hang? Will the phone Ring?? Will the phone Lockup?? Will I recieve that text??? Could you imagine your phone lagging on a 911 call because some simple app has messed with the 911 button on your lock screen?? I doubt this would happen, but with all the bugs I wouldn't be suprised. Sprint is and has a reliable network. And I need a reliable, and dependable phone on Sprint's network. I promise I will give the android another shot down the road.

Best Regards

61 REPLIES 61
Highlighted
Journeyman

That is very cool.  I think we can expect the update to be pushed early next week.  Sprint usually takes a few days to do some testing before it pushes them out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dude this is gonna be awesome!!!! Just to clarify tho...this update does NOT include 1.6 or 2.0...i saw a few posts of people mabe questioning it lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

what about us who have a rooted hero is this gunna mess up our root access or do we have to wait

Highlighted
Journeyman

702DROID wrote:

what about us who have a rooted hero is this gunna mess up our root access or do we have to wait

Thats really all going to depend on what is updated, seeing as how its not 1.6 or 2.0 and probably not a kernal update, id peg your fine...only one way to be sure

Highlighted
Journeyman

i hope it dont mess nothing more

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anyone know if there'll be a shade notification confirming the update download/install?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Id imagin so, i dont think its gonna just force an update, that would be a no bueno for some people

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I hadn't noticed any update occurring, but I just restarted my phone and for the first time since I've owned the phone the app icons didn't change and all apps are properly named!  Either I got the update and it's glorious or it's a incredibly strange coincidence that somewhat offsets the heinous day I've been having otherwise.  Thank you Sprint! (I hope)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hmmm post your version info good sir?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Firmware: 1.5

Baseband 1.04.01.09.21

Kernel 2.6.27-533ce29d

htc-kernel@and18-2 )

Build 1.29.651.1 CL69164 release-keys

Software 1.29.651.1

FYI the issues I mentioned in my previous post were the only issues I was (knowingly) experiencing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just found this... is this the update?

http://www.htc.com/uk/supportdownloadlist.aspx?p_id=283&act=sd&cat=all

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thats the update for the chin, not ours, looks like the fix for all is the same day, they had to wait 7 months

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat