Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alleged MR update on 11/18

Journeyman

Re: Alleged MR update on 11/18

elmoglick wrote:

jmoch wrote:

Looks like it might actually be the case.  I've been going to the Hero support page on the HTC site everyday to see if there is a MR and up til today, there has been a download section with the new HotSync application for download, however today there is no download section.  I'm hoping (although not holding my breath) that they are setting up the download section and will repost it later today with the MR.  Crossing my fingers....

The firmware update will be OTA directly from your phone, not on the HTC web site.

Has that actually been confirmed? The only announcement makes no reference whatsoever to the delivery method.

Journeyman

The Sprint rep told me today OTA update

Journeyman

Not sure if that's true being that Sprint said there will be no OTA updates for Android weeks ago due to file size. All kind of Android blogs have blogged about it. It would be nice if it was though.

Journeyman

capitalf wrote:

Not sure if that's true being that Sprint said there will be no OTA updates for Android weeks ago due to file size. All kind of Android blogs have blogged about it. It would be nice if it was though.

Well file size shouldn't be that much of an issue since it's only a MR update. I'd understand if it was Android 2.0.

Journeyman

capitalf wrote:

Sprint did not say that. That was all speculation on the part of blogs.

Journeyman

I got a call from HTC today saying that starting today Sprint is pushing an OTA update to solve some of the issues.  This was in response to my bug report on the Calendar stuff.

I just checked, it's not out yet, but this is official confirmation that it's coming and SOON!

Journeyman

I got a call from HTC today saying that starting today Sprint is pushing an OTA update to solve some of the issues.  This was in response to my bug report on the Calendar stuff.

I just checked, it's not out yet, but this is official confirmation that it's coming and SOON!

If you're telling the truth, you can have a pint on me!

Journeyman

I deleted the VM file, but I can assure you I got the call from 716-871-6400 with that message.  The gentleman said that he wasn't sure if all users would get it today, or slow roll-out, but it is coming.

Journeyman

Good point.. didn't think about that. Either way, I hope all updates are OTA since Pre gets OTA with similar file sizes.

Journeyman

The blogs were referring to this chat session with a Sprint guy... Perhaps he is not familiar with their plans for OTA updates.. or perhaps he is.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/chat-with-buzz/blog/2009/10/29/david-owens-chat-transcript--1029

AdamJaworski: Will the Android updates to 1.6 and 2.0 be over the air, or will I have to go into a store for the update?
David: Likely to be a wired update (due to size) but you will be able to do online at sprint.com.
Journeyman

It sounds like some of you are saying its an automatic update. I am rooted and dont

necessarily want to update, as ill lose features I like.

Do I need to tunr something off to prevent an OTA automatic update?

Journeyman

This is a copy of the email I got from HTC a few moments ago:

Jason,

Thank you for contacting HTC regarding an issue with system standby on your Hero for Sprint.

I understand how frustrating it can be when your device does not function properly. HTC has heard of this issue before and has promptly created an update. As of 11/18/09 HTC released an over the air update for your device, this update will be taking place over the next few days for all owner’s of the Hero for Sprint. This update should require no action on your part and will correct the issue you’re inquiring about. If you experience any issues after this update please let us know.

If you have any future questions feel free to reply. You may also enjoy www.htcwiki.com, our customer-based forum, which has a plethora of information on HTC devices. You may be able to find feedback here from other users in your area who have purchased from any of HTC’s 3rd party retailers I would also like to invite you to participate in a customer satisfaction survey located at http://survey.htc.com/worldwide/. I hope you have a great day!

HTC America Technical Support
Barbara

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat