cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.0 is coming to Sprint’s Hero & Moment sometime first half of 2010

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Android 2.0 is coming to Sprint’s Hero & Moment sometime first half of 2010

Why exactly are we blaming Sprint for the lack of updates? You do realize that Sprint has nothing to do wtih it right? HTC is the one making you wait.

Highlighted
Journeyman

WRONG!

The process is:

Google -->> HTC -->> Sprint -->> You.  Google is done, now HTC has to write the SenseUI overlay and test the CDMA radio.  Then Sprint has to certify the update and schedule it for release. (posted by wengla02 the admin )

Even HTC doesn't take as long Sprint and they're taking a long time. Just wait till Sprint gets it... ZZZZzzzzzZZZZZ

Message was edited by: VoXPCS

Highlighted
Journeyman

Maybe I should have made my statement clearer. HTC isn't done. Sprint has NOTHING to do with the delay AT ALL right now. It is ALL HTC, so you can't really blame Sprint if they're not even involved yet now can you?

Highlighted
Journeyman

First of all give Sprint some credit here.. They do as some have said have to wait on Google, then HTC, and then they can release it. The only phone running 2.0 currently is the Droid.. They got the exclusive to release early with it. a couple of phones have 1.6, but lets be honest, who wants 1.6 when you can get 2.0? The droid Eris has the same timeline from HTC as far as getting 2.0, they just announced it a few days earlier, which everyone knew would be coming since they are essentially the same phone (hero and eris)... and 2.1 hasnt been confirmed by google as even being an update, its just the guys at XDA creating mods, so yeh go ahead and run it if you are into that, but we also dont know what HTC plans to do with sense and 2.0... just be patient, we will get the update about the same time as everyone else, i am just as anxious as anyone about it, but quit giving Sprint crap, they can only release it when they get it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am very happy with this news. I know now that sometime in the future My Moment will be getting 2.0. To finally hear something official from Sprint is great. Thank You to the hard working people at Sprint Samsung and Google. This justifies to me at least my choice of the Moment over the Hero. I think the faster processor although nothing near as fast as the Droid, will come into play with the update. I am not bashing Hero either. People who own them are very happy with the Sense UI and rightly so. In my mind this news IS my early Christmas present.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ww2157 wrote:

I am very happy with this news. I know now that sometime in the future My Moment will be getting 2.0. To finally hear something official from Sprint is great. Thank You to the hard working people at Sprint Samsung and Google. This justifies to me at least my choice of the Moment over the Hero. I think the faster processor although nothing near as fast as the Droid, will come into play with the update. I am not bashing Hero either. People who own them are very happy with the Sense UI and rightly so. In my mind this news IS my early Christmas present.

i agree - i'm just so much more relieved now that there's "official" word from sprint on this

still got a liiiiittle concern about speed/smoothness once the hero is patched up to 2.0+

but its just fun to know that we got tasty treats coming!!

anticipation!

Highlighted
Patron

I could care less if it were htc, sprint, google, etc... the fact is i pay sprint money not htc. after getting the instinct and having it not stand up to what sprint advertised it to be and now getting the hero and having to play this stupid waiting game is redundant. yes I am happy to hear the update is in the works but just having to wait for a possible 6 months no matter whos at fault is really annoying.

Highlighted
Journeyman

1H 2010? Really?

Talk about vague.

I may go back to Verizon for the Droid if we don't see it very soon.

I love Sprint, and my Hero, but let's be real.... almost every Android phone on the market will be LIGHT YEARS ahead of us if it takes more than a couple months at most.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Knowing that we will save 1200.00 dollars in a 2 year time period makes me comfortable waiting a little longer than say Verizon. Then after we save our money and enjoy our service we can upgrade to a much better and newer phone at that time. I like the droid alot from what my friends show me at work, very cool phone. But not worth the extra money at this time to me. If things change I can always pay the early termimation fees and go open an account with Verizon. I think that Android is too early in development to make those decisions right now. I also think the Moment is a really cool phone and getting better all the time. Hang in there your not alone in your opinions.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks For the info Sarah!!!!!!!!! Keep us updated.

Highlighted
Journeyman

WHOOPIE!

Nothing against you Sarah, because you are giving us the information that is given to you.

This is bull****.  I thought that I was being loyal by sticking with Sprint after 7 years but I am really starting to see their flaw.  The truth is that Sprint will not deploy the update right after receiving it from HTC until they update their own useless apps that a majority of us don't want anyways.  I am really considering rooting and updating mine through XDA because this HTC-Sprint relationship is getting us no where.  Sprint really has a chance to come out on top with Android, but their actions show that they are only interested in getting new customers and not maintaining their more loyal ones.  They will not be getting any type of referrals from me until they start showing real initiative.

H*ll, Verizon's ridiculous rates are starting to look more impressive.  At least, I will get better coverage where I live instead of the occasional 1 bar.

Good going Sprint; another bit of good news, from your side of things.

Message was edited by: HamilSt

Highlighted
Journeyman

HamilSt wrote:

WHOOPIE!

Nothing against you Sarah, because you are giving us the information that is given to you.

This is bull****.  I thought that I was being loyal by sticking with Sprint after 7 years but I am really starting to see their flaw.  The truth is that Sprint will not deploy the update right after receiving it from HTC until they update their own useless apps that a majority of us don't want anyways.  I am really considering rooting and updating mine through XDA because this HTC-Sprint relationship is getting us no where.  Sprint really has a chance to come out on top with Android, but their actions show that they are only interested in getting new customers and not maintaining their more loyal ones.  They will not be getting any type of referrals from me until they start showing real initiative.

H*ll, Verizon's ridiculous rates are starting to look more impressive.  At least, I will get better coverage where I live instead of the occasional 1 bar.

Good going Sprint; another bit of good news, from your side of things.

Yes, you should go to Verizon or T-Mobile or AT&T, where all the Android phones that released with 1.5 have been updated to Android 2.1 or even Android 2.0.

What's that? None of the T-Mobile or Verizon phones that launched with 1.5 have been updated? And AT&T doesn't have any Android phones at all? Well. How strange. Uh.... Sprint sucks anyway!

Sorry, dude. You'd be complaining about the same thing if you had the Eris on Verizon. They haven't even mentioned whether the Eris will be getting updated to 2.0+ at all, so Sprint is actually ahead of the curve here.

Back to your regularly scheduled rant...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat