cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.1 Update for HTC Hero

Highlighted
Journeyman

Android 2.1 Update for HTC Hero

I was told by Sprint that the 2.1 update would be available THIS week... Then I thought about it and there is NO way that Sprint is going to release 2.1 until AFTER they release their new HTC Evo. Their little reasoning will be that IF they release 2.1 before the EVO comes out, then it could hurt sales of their new phone. The fact is that 2.1 has been eady for some time. This is the usual Sprint Ploy. It has nothing to do with servicing their current loyal customers, but to gain more sales. It's kind of a screw you to the old guys...

I have been with Sprint for years, it may be time to bite the bullet and go to the new AT@T IPhone when released...

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Android 2.1 Update for HTC Hero

I just got off chatting with a sprint representative and he confirmed the date of Android 2.1 release is 05/16/2010. I dont know if this it true but this is what he said

Message was edited by: evajruiz

Journeyman

Thanks Eva for your kind reply... But, you got the same response that I did. A new date that they have no interest in living up to! Mark my words, they will find a new reason NOT to meet this new date!

It will NOT be out before they release their new HTC Evo. As much as I like that new phone, I will not buy it just to get 2.1 etc... You know the old saying, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice and I'm an idiot with money. Only less than before...

Thanks again Eva!!!

Journeyman

Please don't believe any rumored dates. Dozens of dates have come and gone.  It seems like the best thing Sprint can do is to post officially that "The official launch date will be posted in the Community pages. All other unconfirmed postings are invalid."  This will help dispel rumors and avoid false expectations that are driving their customers crazy

Journeyman

your kidding right? ur going to AT&T just because of the new iphone without flash and great camera, AND pay MORE for an iphone then an android from sprint?? ur paying what? 69.99, 89.99 or 99.99 for sprint and your going to AT&T and pay 130 for your phone? its not the iphone its just the at&t part.... good luck...

Journeyman

i agree. i had at&t before and i was fed up with all the money i was spending on bills there. i wasn't happy with the service either. it wasn't all it was cracked up to be, but thats just my opinion. i have had verizon, at&t and sprint and in my own opinion of these companys, i feel sprint has offered the best service and options for the money i spend. i am frustrated with the whole put off of this update it would be nice if they could just release it already because i'm not spending more money to get a different phone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat