cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.1 releasing December 11.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Android 2.1 releasing December 11.

.htc                     Believe it or not, I STILL can't say anything more about Eclair coming to Hero. Working as fast as we can, promise!        

FYI, this was a tweet from HTC a day or so ago.........Looks like its still an HTC holdup, not Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

sprint has confirmed that the moment and hero will get the eclair update early next year. read please. link below

http://www.phonenews.com/htc-confirms-android-2.0-for-sprint-hero-early-next-year-via-twitter-9747/

Highlighted
Journeyman

Remember Verizon doesn't have any huge incentive to get 2.1, or for that matter 1.6 pushed out to the Eris, since Verizon sells Verizon Navigator for $10/month to those who want turn-by-turn navigation.  It is not included with the "base" package as Sprint does.

On the other hand I do believe they WILL upgrade from 1.5 just that they are not going to be in a huge rush to do so.

Highlighted
Wizard

Well it's December 12 now, and at least the official Android site isn't boasting a release of Android 2.1...

Highlighted
Journeyman

i hope people are not still complaining or asking when and how when i just posted a link that is right above saying that htc and sprint confirmed that the moment and hero are getting the update early 2010! shouldnt have to worry about it or cry over it anymore. just simply wait and chill. as for 2.1 it is just a minor bug fix to 2.0 so i mean yea having the latest is cool but please we all should be calm now. now thats its confirmed we all know now.

and this part is just my theory but when the pictures were leaked of the sense ui in landscape mode, i personally dont think that is for the hero. i mean 2.1 is not  a big update just a tweak fix to 2.0 like 1.6 is to 1.5. idk maybe it will be able to but i think that was a more fixed version for something to come. i mean the screen is only 3.2 which is a comfortable screen and for it all to rotate like that? that would be something nice and all but i dont see it for the hero. i mean google what 2.0 is about or expected in it and then make your own choices and conclusions.

Highlighted
Journeyman

what is expected on android 2.0 below.

http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-2.0-highlights.html

what is said about 2.1:

http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-2.0.1.html

that's another reason why i dont think we will be seeing a landscape mode for the hero. i just dont see not in the home part of the phone. maybe in other applications or w.e but not the home screen part. screen is not tiny but it wouldnt look right then you would have to scroll up and down. i mean think reality people. i think it would be a little over extra to do such. i wouldnt be surprised if the droid got the sense ui later down the line. rumors of it but thats rumors.

its just a better and more functional ui added and smoother and 2.1 being the bug fix to w.e is wrong with 2.0. and the google maps thing and etc.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Wizard

UniqueNate wrote:

what is said about 2.1:

Umm... the link is about 2.0.1, not 2.1.  Big difference.

Highlighted
Journeyman

UniqueNate wrote:

what is expected on android 2.0 below.

http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-2.0-highlights.html

what is said about 2.1:

that's another reason why i dont think we will be seeing a landscape mode for the hero. i just dont see not in the home part of the phone. maybe in other applications or w.e but not the home screen part. screen is not tiny but it wouldnt look right then you would have to scroll up and down. i mean think reality people. i think it would be a little over extra to do such. i wouldnt be surprised if the droid got the sense ui later down the line. rumors of it but thats rumors.

its just a better and more functional ui added and smoother and 2.1 being the bug fix to w.e is wrong with 2.0. and the google maps thing and etc.

cool! thx for posting that!

(did you see? multiple gmail accts!)

Highlighted
Journeyman

yfan,

everyone pretty much knows 2.1 is a minor update to 2.0. dont expect much. so 2.0.1 and 2.1 is not a big diff. the point of both of them it is a little tweak update. it probably makes certain things run smoother and make certain widgets look better. not to much of a difference.  where the package comes from is in 2.0 itself cause it's a hol new number not a ".1"

anyways not here to debate on that. now its known when to expect it insome sort of time frame.

Highlighted
Wizard

Actually, no, everyone pretty much does not know that.  The usual way of numbering software is X.y.z where X is the big version, y is relatively major updates (but not enough to give it a new X) and z are merely bug fixes and tightening up here and there.  In other words, when Sprint says, 2.0 is coming to the Hero and the Moment, it will be 2.0.x, whatever the x is at that point.  But it won't be 2.1.

Highlighted
Journeyman

everyone or mostly everyone in here has the knowledge of knowing 2.1 is a fix update even if its biggr then 2.0.1 not to many people in here is lacking that knowledge. and i never said it was going to be 2.1 i simply stated that the hero and moment are getting the 2.0 update adn that sprint confirmed it. and i mentioned that the 2.0.1 was a fix to w.e. so what's your point? everyone was just like an when is it coming etc so i found some good news on it and bam posted it and left it at that. nothing to debate over. a lot of people here in these forums have good knowledge of knowing what is what. some clearly dont but mostly do. i even mentioned that it said nothing about 2.1. so ...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat