cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Update 2.1 for HTC Hero - Observation

Highlighted
Journeyman

Android Update 2.1 for HTC Hero - Observation

I got the Android 2.1 operating system onto my HTC Hero yesterda.  I noticed that if you go into the battery status page (Settings>About Phone>Battery), it no longer gives me the percentage of time the phones is awake or asleep.  I realize it's not a hard thing to compute but it's somehwat inconvenient if you're trying to figure out the optimal settings to extend battery life.  Has anyone else noticed this or is it just a problem with my phone?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Android Update 2.1 for HTC Hero - Observation

It does give you the Up Time and Awake Time (the Awake time has decreased significantly for me) and you can also click on Battery Use and it gives you a list of what is using the battery and percentage. I do know there are apps in the Market that will give you more information but I don't like to use more battery than is necessary. Good luck, I have found limited issues with the 2.1 upgrade and improvement in Battery life, etc.

Journeyman

Re: Android Update 2.1 for HTC Hero - Observation

Thanks for the reply.  I realize the total amount of time the phone is awake or sleeping is given.  .  I just miss being able to determine the % of awake time at a glance instead of having to compute it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat