ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone experiencing dust under their screens?

Journeyman

Anyone experiencing dust under their screens?

Hey all,

New to the forum, but seeing as this place helped me solve the battery issue, I'm really digging it.

I got my Hero on Oct. 9 and after only having been a week, I see dust already leaking into my Hero. I don't use any covers, but I would hope not to have to. I keep my phone in my pocket.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm hoping mine is an isolated issue and therefore simply a defective unit.

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Anyone experiencing dust under their screens?

Dust under mine, giving it 30 days for HTC/Sprint to respond. Dust under a sealed screen isn't acceptable.

Journeyman

So far so good for me, but you guys got me so worried about this that I put my phone in a silk bag that my Oakley sunglasses came with. I typically only place my phones in my coat pocket, but now I'm paranoid to do that. I don't want to force it to happen to get a new phone, because it looks like its luck of the draw.

Journeyman

After 8 days of owning my Hero, I can see 2 small specs of dust under the screen.  I had put it in my pocket a few times, but now I'm keeping out of the pocket for the time being.  I don't mind a couple of small specs, but at this rate just think after a few months?  It's enough to make me seriously consider trading it for a Moment if it doesn't share this problem.

Journeyman

I've had my Hero for three weeks, and it's starting to show some dust under the top right corner of the screen.  My phone is always carried in my pocket.  I do have an InvisibleShield on the screen, but it doesn't cover the edges.  I replaced 3-4 Motorola Q9c phones for this exact problem prior to getting my Hero.  I hope this phone isn't going to be the same.

Journeyman

Many people have dust. There is a lengthy thread about this:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/23679?tstart=60

Journeyman

Started getting the dusty herps but ever since I got my Hero condom I'm dust free.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat