Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Search

Highlighted
Journeyman

Application Search

Do others have this problem?

From what I understand, when you go to the All Programs screen and press the search button, it is supposed to bring up a small text box and the keyboard and allow you to search through the list of your installed apps. For me, however, when I try this the keyboard and textbox come up for a split second and then the phone exits to the home screen and prompts me for a voice search. The voice search searches Google instead of my apps (pretty darn cool, but not what I want!). I know voice search is supposed to come up when you hold down the search button, but this problem happens without holding it down.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Application Search

Yes, same thing happens on my Hero. Strange...

Journeyman

My search box and keyboard appear for a split second as well, but I don't ever see voice search come up. It just goes back to the home screen.

My phone is running software version 1.22.651.1, while I understand that others have 1.29.651.1...that might explain different behaviors.

Wizard

Yeah, this is a bug and has been reported on another post. Hopefully they got the message. The search hard key should search the screen or application you are in. It should also search Google when you long press the search hard key. This will hopefully be resolved.
I do love the long presses on this phone. The keyboard long presses the hard key long presses......pretty awesome. I am on Hero heaven......

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat