cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April 9th MR update??

Journeyman

Re: April 9th MR update??

hmm and i was thinking of buying my evo through best buy....

Patron

So will... when will my picture mail be fixed??

you say it wont be fixed on april 9th anymore?

how much longer do i have to wait to be able to recieve picture mail?

can you please find out a date when this MR will be out to us to fix this on going problem!!

thanks!

Journeyman

Everyone that is having a picture mail problem!  I have had this problem too!  However I for me I noticed it DOESNT work when you have your Wifi ON.  If you turn OFF your Wifi and connect to your Evo network (aka 3G) then the picture mail downloads with no problems.  Give this a try it worked for me!  Ever since I figured that out I never had a problem with my picture mail !!!  Good luck

Journeyman

That is true about the Wifi (albeit ridiculous that the phone can't switch by itself), but that has been known around here I think about as long as the phone has been out. For many of us, including me, the MMS problem does not come from having the Wifi on.

Journeyman

Hello all

Alright I have been reading alot of posts and i keep coming across people saying the sprint insurance is worthless. Also that they only recieve refurb phones as replacements. well i can tell u from my 8 years with sprint that there insurance is the best and cheapiest, if u dont have it u may be SOL. First off if u dont have it and something happens to your phone u may be charged a repair fee of upto $150 if it is not a known issue with the device u have. Also if u get 3 replacement phones back to back within 6 months u automaticly get a NEW phone.....and guess what it may not even be the same exact phone it could be an upgrade. Believe me i'm not making it up i have gotten this done for me twice. Read your insurance manual if u dont believe me. Also the only thing that it does not completely cover is if u lost, broke to piece or spilled water on your phone. And guess what thats only $50 for a regular phone and a $100 for smart/pda phone. Every other company replacements for those issues are atleats 200 to full price. so tell me its not worth it.

Journeyman

I never used wifi and rebooted the phone serveral times, I don't think wifi is the problem.

Patron

So... so far no answer to my question... only answer is that we are not getting the MR update to fix picture mail on april 9th.... when will we be getting it?

i would like to know when this will be fixed!!!

will sarah izzy?? any one have any information?

i was on phone with tier 2 tech support other day and asked about the picture mail MR,,, and had 2 representitives tell me that this issue would be corrected on april 9th with the Mr they were release... i also asked them same question what else is part of this MR and they said it didnt say anything else... just that picture mail fix was PART of the april 9th MR,,,,

can you please help clarify? you say the fix will not be out april 9th... okay so when will it be fixed?

Journeyman

Nickolas

A sprint admin already said that the tech people are mistaken and that this issue will be takin care of in the 2.1 upgrade. There is no sense in them doing a big fix and then upgrading to 2.1 a few weeks later. All fix are going to be bundled with the 2.1 upgrade. The upgrade well be available in a few weeks

Highlighted
Journeyman

dom0914 wrote:

I bought my phone from best buy and got their insurance plan.  it's a couple dollars more, but it covers any damage at all with no deductible and it's unlimited as to how many times you can get a new phone.  that's how all phone companies insurance should work for the money the plans cost.

I don't know about that. I bought my Hero at BB too. The sales guy tried to sell me their insurance plan. But when asking what's not covered he said water damage or lost/stolen phones. Maybe my sales rep didn't know what he was talking about.

I went with the Sprint insurance because it DOES cover ANY damage including water and lost/stolen. I did this because over the years water damage has been my biggest issue. I've had one phone go into a pool, one into a glass of mountain dew and one fell out of my car into a puddle (none of these were mine, knock on wood, but they were others on my plan). Plus it was $2 a month less than BB. But there is a deductible.

Journeyman

This original post has run its course and this thread is moving to into off-topic discussions regarding device insurance. Here'a link to one of many posts from members discussing Sprint's insurance plan information.  http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/150078#150078

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat