Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are we losing the NFL app?

Journeyman

Re: Are we losing the NFL app?

Thanx for giving me some hope. 

Journeyman

A little more info: Looks like the new app will be Sprint Football Live, and it'll include college football stuff along with NFL stuff.

From the little bit I've been able to gather, looks like sometime this Spring, when you open NFL Mobile Live on your phone, it'll prompt you to download the new app. I'm sure you'll be seeing more in-depth specs about the new app on sprint.com soon.

Master

This is what's posted on sprintusers;

Sprint and the National Football League (NFL), partners for the past five years, will part ways on April 1.

"After a thorough review of terms and costs involved in renewing this sponsorship agreement, we determined it was in Sprint's best interest to part ways with the NFL." said Steve Gaffney, vice president-Corporate Marketing. "Employees and customers should know that we are thrilled with the popularity of NFL Mobile Live and the exclusive content Sprint brought to the NFL fan base. To that end, we are developing a new football application that will include both professional and college football coverage, and we will continue to provide a fan-friendly experience and other sports-related apps and content."

This decision does not impact our affiliation with individual NFL teams like the Kansas City Chiefs, Washington Redskins, Indianapolis Colts and several others. We will continue to sponsor the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association - both continue to be valuable pieces of our overall marketing strategy.

Beginning 3/31/10, when customers access the application NFL Mobile Live, they will be prompted to download the new application Sprint Football Live.
While we won’t be offering NFL Mobile, starting 3/31 we’re proud to introduce the Sprint Football Live application, offering play-by-play professional football information and college football too. This application is free to customers with any data plan.

So what will Sprint Football Live include?

Pro Football Draft

Live Draft Tracker
In depth analysis and bios on nearly 500 top prospects
Exclusive blogs from top Draft prospects Sam Bradford and Ndamukong Suh
Draft Predict-a-Pick: 32 picks in 32 days
Regular Season Football

Pro and college football coverage
Live Game Center
Real-time stats and scores
Breaking news
Game previews and recaps
Expert insight and analysis from source likes Pro Football Talk and Sports Blog Nation
Even more content will be confirmed before the start of the college and pro football seasons

Will customers still be able to get NFL audio and NFL video?

Live NFL game audio and video will not be available at this time.
Customers will be able to follow all the live play-by-play action with the Live Game Center for both pro and college football games.
Additionally, Sprint offers live stream of ESPN college football games and other great video coverage on ESPN Mobile TV and NBC Sports on Sprint TV.
How can customer get the Sprint Football Live app?

Starting 3/31/10, if a customer goes to download NFL Mobile Live, they’ll be prompted to download the new application Sprint Football Live. Customers can also text “FOOTBALL” to 7777.
The installation of the new application will replace the NFL Shield/NFL Mobile Live link on certain phones.
On some iDEN and Sprint feature phones/non-smartphones, the NFL Shield/NFL Mobile Live link will remain on the phone and direct the customer to download the new app. Once the download is complete, advise customers to remove the old NFL Mobile Live link.
Which phones will support the new Sprint Football Live app?

The plan is for all current devices that support NFL Mobile Live to support the Sprint Football Live application. See full list on sprint.com/NFL on 3/31/01.

Journeyman

Stay tuned NFL fans, I'm gathering some details to share with you in the next couple of days!

Journeyman

tiffers1982 wrote:

I think it would really suck to not have the NFL app anymore. I'm sure someone would be able to develop a similar app. I heard Spors tap was pretty good. I find it funny that all these people whine and cry about how they are forced to have "useless" apps on their phone that they can't remove and now that it's going away they want to complain.

I think that you missed the point.  It's about having a choice to have the NFL App or not.  I love the NFL app during football season.  Especially since I'm a Falcons fan living in Oklahoma.  But once the season is over, I could use the extra space(memory) for something else.  Then what about the people that don't like football at all?  I think that they would like a choice also.

Message was edited by: hfa68

Journeyman

Agreed, it is about choice. My choice was to remove the nascar sh*t when I rooted. I kept NFL, Nav, and SprintTV (even though it is pretty useless).

Journeyman

So, I'm LOL when the Sprint Admins are advising that they will get back to us in a couple of days when it looks to me that Levi4u has already scooped them.  Thanks Levi4u!

So, no more NFL gameday live audio feeds for me as long as I'm on Sprint unless I get Sirius...HA!  Sorry, I couldn't resist that pun.

I guess Verizon could become a contender for me if Verizon can get a cell tower erected around where I work.  But, they would have to have that 3.7inch HTC Sense UI beauty (currently known as the Desire) because the Legend is not that big an upgrade from the Hero (or Eris) if you ask me.

Wizard

DaWeav wrote:

So, no more NFL gameday live audio feeds for me as long as I'm on Sprint unless I get Sirius...HA!  Sorry, I couldn't resist that pun.

If you had made a different choice of phones, you would only have to get Sirius for a Moment...

Wizard

izzyks wrote:

Stay tuned NFL fans, I'm gathering some details to share with you in the next couple of days!

In that intel that you gather, make sure you also respond to higher ups that we should be able to remove this app if we want to.

No gameday audio = epic fail.

The app will be even more second rate to Sportstap and we would like the ROM room back from the Sprint Mobile Football application.

Journeyman

I agree, no gameday audio does indeed = epic fail, one that very well might cost them me as a subscriber (and my wife with me)...  8 years of sprint loyalty, putting up with spotty coverage in my area, and sometimes crappy customer service, no 3g in my area, one of the bright spots was being able to listen to my Texans play (I'm stuck in Nebraska, where they are almost NEVER on tv)...  if Verizon offers that, combined with better coverage, and 3g here, it just might be the straw that switches me...  the NFL app was one of my bragging points with all my non-sprint friends...

It's not really cost effective for me to get Serius just to listen to one game a week on it...

Journeyman

You can roam on Verizon with Sprint. So if you get roaming signal, you would be able to use Verizon, but otherwise, you might as well stick with Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

In my 5 years working for Sprint, I have had 1 person ever ask me for the NASCAR app or if a phone had the app. That was 2 years ago. But daily, I set up the NFL app for people who LOVE to see the live feeds and audio. Sprint has lost their minds. If you want to dump some marketing, dump NASCAR, not NFL. If anything dump NASCAR and put more money into NFL. NFL has a broader demographic anyway. Why is it that when corporations make decisions logic is thrown out the window?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat