cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you kidding me?

Journeyman

Are you kidding me?

Can someone tell me why this happened? I put my phone down for the weekend and I allowed my hero run dead,so now when I pluged in my power cord and it came on it has reset itself so I have lost all my contacts and other info. Is this something that happens often? If so then I am done with hero all together. I dont feel the need have to buy or purchase back-up apps for a phone when this should never happen.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Are you kidding me?

i have never heard of this happening on this or any other forum, plus your contacts should be on google from when you signed up so that shouldnt be an issue

Journeyman

The memory is flash-based from what I know and therefore shouldn't erase when no power is available. This must be some random glitch. Export your contacts to Google or Exchange. Its really helpful. The only thing you ever have to worry about is losing your apps. Its handy for when you need to reset the phone or trade it in.

Journeyman

Did you set up a gmail account when you purchased the phone? If you did then all your contacts should be backed up, not being signed into gmail is the only way i can see this happening.

Journeyman

Same exact thing happened to me....Battery went dead and when I plugged it pack in everything was gone.  Did you ever figure out how to get the contacts back if it's possible at all.  I don't know what my google account is so I can't even get back into the market.

Journeyman

Yeah, this just happened to me. Apparently it is an SOL(shit out of luck) kinda thing if you don't remember you gmail info. In short that is essentially what sprint told me tonight. I think it is the stupidest thing ever. Why would someone expect you to remember an e-mail and password that you dont ever use? For me I created gmail when I bought my phone, as I am a msn e-mail user. So the only reason I had gmail was for the phone, and because the phone is mine and I don't log out of the gmail account, why would i need to remeber it. It is a bunch of BS, and I think i might be done all together.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat