Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awake Time

Patron

Awake Time

On my htc hero under the phone info there is a section that says awake time and it shows a timer and then next to it, it says 98%. Does anyone know what that means?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Awake Time

Mine is under "settings, About phone and then status"... this is how long the phone is "awake". Has to do with battery life and apps running in background. Mine stays between 9% and 15%. However, when you do a soft reset it'll show higher until your phone has had time to sleep. Programs that run in the back "Local", for example kill this awake time and make it higher due to always "searching" with WiFi. Always Backing out with the "back" arrow to main screen and putting your phone to sleep by hitting "end" button greatly reduces the "awake" time percentage. BTW- I get a good 20 hours or so with moderate "Twitter, Facebook, email (set to check every 15 mins.) and texting with one battery charge... I charge once a day @ night, all night. My hubby uses the navigation alot his "awake time" stays around 25-30 % and he uses a car charger for the navigation. Big drain on battery.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat