Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOOO! No Flash 10.1 for Hero, only Flash lite

Highlighted
Journeyman

BOOO! No Flash 10.1 for Hero, only Flash lite

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/androidandme/~3/swQEfYQAZag/

This is definitely only because of the complaints seen from the video posted of flash ported to a hero seen here: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/androidandme/~3/YSx_Homs0LI/

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: BOOO! No Flash 10.1 for Hero, only Flash lite

Booo +1 Why aren't they adding it. I thought the hardware was capabale of it...

Journeyman

Who cares! Bring on HTML-5.

Journeyman

HTML-5 isn't going to fix the fact that our phone has an old slow processor.

Journeyman

Rhetoric wrote:

+1 Rhetoric.  While I'm sure HTML-5 will have fewer hardware requirements, but I still wonder if the Hero is up to that?

Fubie
HTC Hero and Sprint
The Not Right Now Android  Phone™ on   the Now Network™.

Unlike  a certain battery powered bunny who    keeps "Going and going and  going..." the Hero keeps "Waiting and      waiting and waiting..."

Journeyman

Rhetoric wrote:

Very true, however, HTML-5 is much more robust and stable and will run much more easily on the Hero's "old slow processor" than Adobe's shi*ty Flash software. This is the only point in which I have ever agreed with Steve Jobs on.

Journeyman

troyboytn wrote:

Rhetoric wrote:

Very true, however, HTML-5 is much more robust and stable and will run much more easily on the Hero's "old slow processor" than Adobe's shi*ty Flash software. This is the only point in which I have ever agreed with Steve Jobs on.

troyboytn I will have to agree that Flash, while ubiqitous, is a poorly written, IMHO, rescource pig.  I want an open, unanimuous web standard as much as anyone else.  I stop short from ever saying that M$, Apple or anyone but especially Steve Jobs want open standards for the sake of the customer.  Any of them would love to do what Adobe did with Flash.

I guess the quesion now is, I suppose, will we get full or only partial HTML 5 support in the just around the corner 2.1 update?

Fubie
HTC Hero and Sprint
The Not Right Now Android Phone™ on  the Now Network™.

Unlike  a certain battery powered bunny who  keeps "Going and going and going..." the Hero keeps "Waiting and      waiting and waiting..."

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat