Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG: Custom Ringtones Reset to Default randomly

Highlighted
Wizard

BUG: Custom Ringtones Reset to Default randomly

(removed names)

I have been tracking this issue on my phone for the past 4.5 months and it has occurred 4 times in that time period and I do not have an explanation as to why. Therefore I am convinced this is a BUG and am curious if anyone else has had this happen to them.  I tried to post this a while ago, but didn't get much play on the forum.

Problem:  I have about 10 different custom ringtones for people on my phone. The ringtones were made a variety of ways (MP3 fomat) and they are all held within a folder that I have called "ringtones" on the SD card.  I manually go and set the ringtones for the specific contacts and all is well for several weeks.  Then I'll get a phone call from one of these contacts and my general phone ringer (which is also custom but doesn't reset) will ring for that contact.  Then all the rest of my contacts that had special ringers now say default.  I have to go back and reset all of them (they are still on my SD card).  I have done nothing with my SD card, I have reorganized nothing on the phone.

Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone have an idea of what is going on????  This is really frustrating to have to go in and reset them all.  At no time did I reset my default ringer or anything.  This really is out of the blue that they all get lost.  I have no modifications to my phone and am running the latest software available from HTC and Sprint.  My guess is that it is something to do with Google's syncronization of my contacts back and forth with the google servers and every once in a while it gets all screwed up.....this seems like a reasonable idea, but my pictures and facebook links all remain in place.  So that leans me back towards HTC's People app handling of the sync data.  Its a bit ridiculous that the custom ringers would get lost like this.

Message was edited by: izzyks

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat