cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Issues and what became a rant

Highlighted
Patron

Battery Issues and what became a rant

So I went and switched out my Hero yesterday at BB, the battery life is wayyyyyyyyy better then before. I charged it to full right off the bat, which I had not done with my first one. I used it today starting at 7:45am with GPS WiFi Bluetooth all on, listened to music for about 2 hours through my BT headset, about 45 minutes worth of phone calls through my Bt headset, downloaded three or four apps, checked my email about 5 times, played a game for about 20 minutes, surfed the web about 20 minutes, and it is not quarter to 2 and I am at 68% on my battery. I also got with google on my backplate.

This really makes the phone a winner for me. I love the phone I love the apps, and I say screw all the fanboys posting on here about how good Iphone is and how hero sucks. I say go read this post http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/126214#126214 ibegary summed it up in a nutshell. Iphone is a great phone and they definatley made all others step up their game there is no denying that however its a three year old technology and they better get on it or they are going to lose out to better phones. If you want to negate the fact that Iphone has been out longer just remember then that if Iphone is so high and mighty Windows is still beating it in the smartphone race. Sorry sometimes I start typing and can't shut myself up.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Battery Issues and what became a rant

homerj10 wrote:

So I went and switched out my Hero yesterday at BB, the battery life is wayyyyyyyyy better then before. I charged it to full right off the bat, which I had not done with my first one. I used it today starting at 7:45am with GPS WiFi Bluetooth all on, listened to music for about 2 hours through my BT headset, about 45 minutes worth of phone calls through my Bt headset, downloaded three or four apps, checked my email about 5 times, played a game for about 20 minutes, surfed the web about 20 minutes, and it is not quarter to 2 and I am at 68% on my battery. I also got with google on my backplate.

This really makes the phone a winner for me. I love the phone I love the apps, and I say ***** all the fanboys posting on here about how good Iphone is and how hero sucks. I say go read this post http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/126214#126214 ibegary summed it up in a nutshell. Iphone is a great phone and they definatley made all others step up their game there is no denying that however its a three year old technology and they better get on it or they are going to lose out to better phones. If you want to negate the fact that Iphone has been out longer just remember then that if Iphone is so high and mighty Windows is still beating it in the smartphone race. Sorry sometimes I start typing and can't shut myself up.

Are you saying you don't have the problem with sending messages with the default SMS messaging app and "100% awake time"?  Or are you saying "the fix" is working for you?

Could you post some more detailed information about your phone like PRI, baseband version, kermel version, build number, software/hardware version?

I think all of us want the Hero to be an Iphone killer.  🙂

Highlighted
Patron

Sorry should have elaborated a little bit more. I did use "the fix" however it has worked for me and has not stopped working unlike my first hero which also worked but then would stop working after a couple days. Thats not to say that this one wont do it obvfiously I can't see into the future but so far it seems to be doing real well. The battery ended up lasting me till 730 or 800 last night and I had used navigation for a hour and a half drive as well as all the other things I did with it that day. I consider the amount I used my phone yesterday to be heavy use. It would still be nice to have a fix for this.Also my new one states I am on EvDo rev A  and have seen it switch between rev a and rev 0.

Here is my info

PRI: 1.70_003

PRL: 60655

Baseband: 1.04.01.09.21

Kernal: 2.6.27-533ce29d

Build/Software: 1.29.651.1

Hardware: 0002

Hope this helps

Highlighted
Journeyman

homerj10 wrote:

Sorry should have elaborated a little bit more. I did use "the fix" however it has worked for me and has not stopped working unlike my first hero which also worked but then would stop working after a couple days. Thats not to say that this one wont do it obvfiously I can't see into the future but so far it seems to be doing real well. The battery ended up lasting me till 730 or 800 last night and I had used navigation for a hour and a half drive as well as all the other things I did with it that day. I consider the amount I used my phone yesterday to be heavy use. It would still be nice to have a fix for this.Also my new one states I am on EvDo rev A  and have seen it switch between rev a and rev 0.

Here is my info

Hope this helps

Thanks to our friends in the "Less known Tricks" thread I now know how to get the build date of our Hero's: "Go to the phone dialer and enter  ##786#.  After a few seconds, the Reverse Logistics Support screen is displayed with some interesting information.  Scroll down to "Manufacturers Date"". My build date is 7/9/2009 = Sept. 7, 2009. I think this is a fairly early build for the Hero. My numbers match your's say for my PRI which is 1.68_003, I do not have Google on the back, my REV 0 has never changed as far as I have noticed and I was not able to acquire any sleep time until I performed a Factory Reset, changed to Handcent Text [which I had done previous to the Reset], and Killed my Task Killers. It sleeps well now, its currently at 29% Awake Time.

I'm not sure what all the Reset did? Where do the "Factory Settings" come from... are they in my phone's ROM or do they come from the Network? I don't believe any of the before mentioned numbers changed at my Reset time but I went nearly a week without any Sleep time at all before said Reset... even after doing every suggestion given on this board except the Factory Reset no success till the Reset. So I'm wondering does the Reset grab a new Hero ROM from HTC when its executed... bumping my early build ROM up to some current ROM level? Just wondering??

Highlighted
Journeyman

homerj10 wrote:

Here is my info

Hope this helps

Well please keep us up to date; Other forums report that a new phone with PRI 1.70_003 hasn't solved the issue, but if it works for you I'd be very excited and would try the same thing.

My Manufacturers Date is 10/9/2009, but my PRI is 1.68_003; I also have rev 0 showing.  All other parameters are the same as you report on your new phone.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat