cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery and data transfer issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Battery and data transfer issues

I am having issues with my batteries (2x) dying in about 3 hours each....and it has been very hot from the time i put it in the phone to when it dies.   I have used a task killer to kill most activity on the phone.  The phone has a good connection (its not looking for a tower).  It seems to be data transfer-related as my phone had some problems with the data connection (not getting e-mail or connecting to the internet) this weekend and the battery lasted 2 days (plenty of calls).   I solved the data connection issue by doing some updates, but not the phone is heating up again and the batteries are dying quickly.  I can't figure out what is causing this issue and my phone is becoming a paperweight.  Suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Re: Battery and data transfer issues

You might want to check out the thread that was posted on Android and Task Killers.

Journeyman

enlightning, but didn't help.  Other suggestions?

Wizard

Have you tried searching the forum?  There are numerous posts on battery tips...some are for the EVO but may also apply to the Hero since they use the same operating system.

Journeyman

Yes i have..not seeing much that helps

Wizard

If you don't use Google Talk Instant Messaging it can be disabled for a substantial  improvement to battery life.  This service is turned on by default with  all Android devices.  Battery drain with this application will vary per user depending on the amount of gmail contacts saved on the device.

To disable the Google Instant Messaging service please follow these steps:

1. Programs->"Google Talk"(Android 1.5) or "Talk" (Android 2.1)->Menu->More->Settings and uncheck all options.
  2. Press the "Back" key once.
  3. (From Google Talk friends list screen) Menu->More->Sign Out
  4. Educate the user if the applicaiton is launched again they will need  to Sign Out (Menu->More->Sign Out) to stop the service
Journeyman

Sounds promising.  I have disabled google talk (it was on and i have a large amount of contacts - over 1k). I will post back with news.  Thanks!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat