cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery lasted just 3 hours today

Journeyman

Battery lasted just 3 hours today

I pulled my phone off the charger at 9:06 this morning, and started getting "low power" alerts shortly after noon. At 12:26, it shut down completely. This is my third Hero, and I'm just about at wit's end.

I don't have many third-party apps installed...at this point, I just have Google Voice, Pure Calendar, Facebook, and MoonPhase. I use Peep, but notifications are off. I don't use the stock messaging app, since I use GV for messaging. I'm really at a loss as for what could be causing the issue?

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Battery lasted just 3 hours today

Wow just 3 hours.  Unless you are on a 3 hour call I would have to guess that you have a bad battery.  I know it is your third Hero but I would definently bring that into Sprint.  I am one of the "lucky ones" to have the 100% awake problem (lol) and my battery still lasts 12 hours with moderate to heavy use so again I have to guess it as being the battery.

Journeyman

wow! Mine just lasted 2 entire days with low to moderate use. Talk about a difference. I am now bragging about the battery life...

Journeyman

yeah - my first few days with my first hero were only 3-hr life sessions...  not too unusual - and it was due to being 100% awake...  in fact, the whole unit would oftentimes be quite hot...

after much fiddling, i was able to cure that 100% awake issue and it would last a while longer - but i never got to a full days use before needing to recharge...  eventually, it died one day and would not even charge up at all...  i took it in and im on my second unit - and it seems to be much much better.

i know that replacing the unit 3 times already seems terrible - but if there truly are so many problems with this phone - then it is not at all unlikely that you got 3 duds in a row...  from a probability standpoint, id prolly 'give up' on it after my 5th unit...  but it is totally your call...  good luck, h.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I turn off Gmail notifications and there is also a widget you can get to turn off 3g. If your not websurfing or streaming movies (pandora works like a champ on 1x) you can set it to 1x. Just by doing these gives me a weekends battery life easy. I dont believe this will fix your battery life but it will help till you can make the ride to the sprint shop. Your phone shouldnt last 3 hours even if you were on a 3 hour call lol

Message was edited by: MonkeyBrawler

Journeyman

did you check the "awake time" under "about phone" settings?

Journeyman

One thing I noticed is a battery killer is if you're in an area that doesn't get good signal. Then the phone's trying hard to get a signal, and then it juices your battery pretty hard.

I noticed that when I'm in an area of about 1 bar or so. At home, I actually got myself the Sprint Airave - works well.  4 bars now.

I paid for the Airave and Sprint customer service agreed to waive the $5 monthly fee b/c of a customer loyalty credit.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat