cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Audio Issues with Hero 2.1

Highlighted
Journeyman

Bluetooth Audio Issues with Hero 2.1

Hey does anyone know Sprint's stance on the fact that 2.1 doesn't work with BT headsets?  I know it's crushed BT usage making my phone unusable in the car...safely that is.  Any thoughts or directions towards a resolution would be awesome!

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Bluetooth Audio Issues with Hero 2.1

Same problem here - I live in Washington and recently they've cracked down on cell phones and driving.  You must use a blue tooth.  Since the speaker is so low I won't use that.

Journeyman

Spoke with exec support services and they confirmed what the dev communities are saying that it's an HTC issue that's identified and due to be fixed but not ETA...hang in there!  I'm curious if EVO users are having the issue or it's native to the Hero's 2.1 build.

Journeyman

I had two HTC Hero phones, both having different BlueTooth issues.  One phone running old software version (1.57), would periodically loose BT connection until I reboot, interstingly the Power Off function would freeze as well at the same time, leaving battery pull as the only option.  Second phone was running latest version of software (2.27), the connection was reportedly there but completely unusable (making/receiving calls would take 15-40sec as long as BT is on, BT audio quality is mediocre/poor if you get the audio at all).

Well I exchanged second phone with HTC EVO - no BT issues so far and audio quality is great.  I decieded to upgrade software on my first Hero to the latest, as Sprint tech recommended.  Unfortunately that bricked BT function on my first phone as well, I can't even pair it with any of 3 BT car stereos I have.  The phone is beyond 30-day return, but it's going back one way or another, since using a phone while operating a vehicle without hands free connection is no longer legal!

Sad, I like HTC Hero in general, the device is great and generally responsive.  Version 1.57 suffered only from loss of BT and ability to power off, 2.27 update fixed the power and minor UI issues, but completely crippled BT and made making/receiving calls a pain in a rear.  Even just making a call w/o headset, the phone would not initiate the call for 15-40sec after 1st press of a call button, then it would suddenly wakeup and make the original call as well as all others, which got put in queue because we were pressing call button again and again without receiving any acknowledgements.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat