cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth for Car!

Journeyman

Bluetooth for Car!

Can anyone recommend and give a link to a nice bluetooth setup that will work in my car?  I want to pair/hook up my Hero to it and hear the person through my speakers of my car.

Thanks!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Bluetooth for Car!

although I don't have it, I have pretty much made up my mind on the Jabra Cruiser http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-Cruiser-Bluetooth-Speakerphone-Black/dp/B002PY7P2U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=...

There was one other that I can't remember off the top of my head that stayed plugged into the lighter plug, so you don't have to worry about charging the battery, but even though it had good reviews, it was a comopany that I had never heard of, and the Jabra seemed to be exactly what I was looking for. If you do get one, whatever you get I look forward to hearing how it worked out for you, I will probably be ordering the jabra within the next month or two...

Journeyman

This device looks interesting but there may be one major problem. I don't think the Hero supports the PBAP profile which is necessary to allow phone book access to other devices.

Journeyman

while that would not be a deal breaker for me, it sucks, because the Cruiser not only speaks the person calling, but also displays it across the stereos display if you have a stereo thats able to do that. It will still show the phone number, but I don't memorize phone numbers. At any rate, for me, I mostly wanted it so I can play Pandora, or Slacker through my cars speakers.

Journeyman

I listen to Pandora through my car radio using a much less expensive FM transmitter.

The only reason I would want the Jabra would be to make hands free calls. If the phone is crippled and can't do that; what's the point?

Journeyman

well you can still take and make calls, just not via a name, assuming thats true. Why use a bluetooth headset when you can use a much cheaper wired solution...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat