cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth no longer connects after 2.1 update!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Bluetooth no longer connects after 2.1 update!!!!!!!

After the long awaited 2.1 release for the HTC hero, there are still many flaws within the software.  In fact, they broke things that used to work within 1.5.  I own a panasonic kx-th1212b bluetooth enabled home phone system for my house. With 1.5 I was able to pair and connect my phone so that when I arrived home from work, I could send and receive calls with my house phone handsets.  Now thanks to this great update, I can no longer connect my phone to the base.  The phone will pair but never connect.  And thanks to the fact that I cannot downgrade the software from 2.1 to 1.5 I no longer can use this expensive device I bought for my house.

What is sprint/htc going to do to look into this issue?  This release was a huge disaster.  Not even sure how it could have been released.

18 REPLIES 18
Journeyman

Re: Bluetooth no longer connects after 2.1 update!!!!!!!

Yes, I realized that this morning... trying to transfer files to my computer, I was able to pair the device but it do not connect.

We need a fix ASAP !!!

Journeyman

same here, i have a similar phone that no longer works, but i was having difficulty with my regular headset as well

Journeyman

I'm having the issue as well. It connected for a few minutes after the update but now it won't connect anymore...

Journeyman

Same here.  My Hero no longer connects to my Pioneer AVHP3200.  I paid a lot for the setup and now it is a little useless.  I hope they send out an over the air update soon so I can start using it!  It is a shame you can't go back to the old OS because I would until they fixed it.

Journeyman

In the same boat.  Both of our receivers in our cars, prior to the 2.1 updated connected via bluetooth headset worked great.  After the update, it connects then lists invalid device and disconnects.  Very disappointed.

Journeyman

I haven't had your exact same problems but I've noticed some issues with BT. Today while I was driving to meet some friends I had my phone linked to my Civic's HandsFree Link system when I had issues. The phone rang, I picked up using my steering wheel controls but I could barely hear the person calling. I didn't think anything and asked them to call me again. They did and everything sounded fine. A few hours later I was in the car again got another call and the same problem, that was when I realized that even though I picked up the call using the controls in my steering wheel the sound was low because it was coming from the actual phone which was sitting on the cup holder next to me. I had to grab the phone to talk to my friend, which defeats the purpose of hands free calling. The phone said it was linked to my car... My car said it was linked to the phone, but the sound was coming out of the phone speaker. In the middle of my conversation all of a sudden the sound started coming from the handsfree link system. That was very weird. BT is having issues.

I know that Sprint and HTC can't test every feature of the phone with every single manufacture device out there in the market but you would think that since it is a standard and it worked fine during the 1.5 days it should just work.

Journeyman

I drive a Mercedes Benz E-class 2010. With Android 1.5 I was able to connect to bluetooth on the car and had hands free service. I live in WA. We just passed a law outlawing cell phone use while driving (except if hands free). I upgraded to Android 2.1 the other day. Phone no longer connects to built in bluetooth on the car. Palm Pre worked fine with this car before I switched to Hero. Also, Android 2.1 on Hero connects with no problem to Acura 2008 SUV. So bluetooth connectivity on 2.1 is very sporadic. Seems like the they left out something in bluetooth software in the 2.1 upgrade that existed in the 1.5. I strongly urge anyone considering the 2.1 upgrade to borrow a 2.1 phone and try it with bluetooth stuff they have BEFORE upgrading. On the other hand, version 1.5's GPS worked intermittently (had to do a soft reset every two or three days because GPS would lose location info and put my phone hundreds of miles away from correct location). So choice now is GPS not working or bluetooth not working. And Sprint says both of these features are available with the HERO.

Journeyman

I drive a 2010 Mazda3 and with 1.5, the bluetooth worked great for calls and listening to music. The controls were a little slow with the music, I would push next song on my steering wheel and it would take about 2 to 3 sconds before the song changed, also when stopping, playing, etc.

With 2.1, the phone still connects and I can listen to music (haven't had any calls yet) but the music plays at a higher speed... it is really weird; the songs play at like 1.5x the normal speed and sounds really weird.

Journeyman

I am also having this same problem, my phone keeps pairing/unpairing every 10 seconds with the head unit in my 2008 mercedes, it was working perfectly fine with android 1.5.

Journeyman

We're talking about this over at androidforums as well...better and mre thorough discussion....

http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/81907-bluetooth-2-1-good-bad-news.html

Journeyman

Same problem on Toyota Prius 2008.  Sometimes it connects but really unstable.  I have to reregister the device every time I get into the car.. It is eally a pain.

I called customer support -- no help at all: they seem to be in denial.

Told me that I need to call a munufacturer to get some kind of pass code (which I have).

When I mentioned to a customer support representative that I have the code -- he told me that it is not a sprint problem or that I should drive to sprint store.

Very Disapointing experience

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat