cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser Widget can it be sorted alphabetically?

Patron

Browser Widget can it be sorted alphabetically?

So you can sort the bookmarks alphabetically inside the browser but it does not update the widget. Anyone know how to get the widget to update as well? Or any other solutions I can use to do this?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Browser Widget can it be sorted alphabetically?

The native Sprint Hero browser can sort bookmarks in Newest, Mostly used, and Alphabetical.  Launch the browser, hit the menu button, tap Bookmarks, hit menu again, and you'll find 'Sort by'.

Also, I downloaded Bookmark Backup & Restore from the Market for free which not only does what the name implies, but it also allows me to sort the bookmarks manually in the order I want them in.

Highlighted
Journeyman

DaWeav wrote:

The native Sprint Hero browser can sort bookmarks in Newest, Mostly used, and Alphabetical.  Launch the browser, hit the menu button, tap Bookmarks, hit menu again, and you'll find 'Sort by'.

Also, I downloaded Bookmark Backup & Restore from the Market for free which not only does what the name implies, but it also allows me to sort the bookmarks manually in the order I want them in.

He said he knows you can sort them in the browser, but he's trying to sort in the widget.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's exactly the point jonnythan.  Whatever way the bookmarks are sorted in the browser is the way the HTC Bookmarks widget displays them on my Hero.

And, it is the same with the Bookmark Backup and Restore app.  Whatever way I sort the bookmarks in this app is the way the HTC Bookmarks widget displays them to me.

Highlighted
Patron

No it's not because I do have them sorted alphabecially in the browser but it continues to sort by newest to oldest in the widget.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've tried sorting with the widget... No dice!  Only the browser will sort, not the widget.

I'm using Dolphin, but it doesn't sort favorites.  I've emailed the author.  His reply was that he was working on it...

Highlighted
Patron

If you install Bookmark Backup & Restore and sort them alphabetically in there they will update the widget! Works like a charm.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat