cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser size getting bigger

Highlighted
Journeyman

Browser size getting bigger

Has anyone noticed that the browser size getting bigger. I have gone through the menu-setting while in the browser and deleted cooking cache ect. but there is nothing that seems to bring the size down. I notice that the size of the browser is 2.02 mb but mine is almot 4mb. I do have a few bookmarks but have not added any and it keeps getting bigger. FYI not rooted bone stock HERO.

Side question. Will our Heros displays look better after 2.1 update. Thought that i heard somewhere that it would. Thanks all

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Browser size getting bigger

What do you mean by displays? You could try clearing the cache from settings>applications>manage>browser>clear cache. Could also try data, but you will lose any bookmarks. Sorry that I can't help more, but the stock browser on 1.5 is a little lacking. 2.1 isn't tons better, but it is an improvement. I'm hoping fennec will come and soon.

Journeyman

By Display i mean that i know that the hero now has a 64k screen and i heard that was limited to the android 1.5 software. but the phone is able to do 256 or something like that. is that true.

I have done the clear cache through the setting and manage applicatons and it is still not going back to the original size. Can the bookmarks be backed up on the sd card and just used from there without rooting?

what is fennec?

Message was edited by: Neo31697

Journeyman

Fennec is Firefox mobile. I think it will be a lot better than some of the current replacements. Unfortunately, I don't know what else can be done to limit size. You can look for some market apps that may be able to back up bookmarks without root, but I don't know. Usually i don't worry about app sizes until I start running really low on memory. As for display, I really couldn't tell you. Without another hero running 1.5, I can't look to see if there is any difference. My guess is, if 2.1 has more colors built in, then the Hero will have it. Otherwise, we'll need to wait for an update.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat