cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar Notifications

Highlighted
Journeyman

Calendar Notifications

My Calendar does not notify me of calendar events. I have checked the settings to receive them 15 minutes prior to the event, show notification and play notification sound - no luck.

The events are in the calendar, however not receiving event notifications is frustrating - anyone else esperiencing the same issue?

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Calendar Notifications

Are you running any sort of task killer?  I haven't been receiving notifications for quite a few different apps and I recently relized maybe it's because Task Panel is killing those apps and once it closes it won't update again.  I know this is pretty obvious but can anyone confirm this for me?  I like getting notifications for Scoreboard and NewsRob so does that mean I need these apps on my "ignore list" and have them always running??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hmmm Hmmm hmmm let me play with that and ill get back to ya

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yup, looks like its a bug, i cant get a notification. so its just another HTC bug, mines clean of app killers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, I tried it after putting Calendar on the ignore list and I still didn't get any notification.  I also haven't received any notification for NewsRob either.  Is anyone having success with this??

Highlighted
Journeyman

xJackx wrote:

My Calendar does not notify me of calendar events. I have checked the settings to receive them 15 minutes prior to the event, show notification and play notification sound - no luck.

The events are in the calendar, however not receiving event notifications is frustrating - anyone else esperiencing the same issue?

Thanks!

/sigh

Issue reaffirmed.  I setup a test appointment, confirmed sync + notification (and I have no task killers)...not receiving any event notifications.  😞

Highlighted
Wizard

What kind of calendar is it? I get Microsoft Exchange calendar notifications all day long without an issue. Is this GMail calendar or something else?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, it is Gmail using the HTC Mail app.  I also rarely get notifications with Scoreboard of NewsRob. So, I uninstalled Task Panel and am seeing how the phone is without a task killer...

Highlighted
Wizard

I have to admit, I don't normally use Google's calendar, but I do have a GMail account set up for email. So I logged in through my computer and set up a new appt and the notification went off right at 10 minutes before. It made the calendar sound, same as exchange, with the slide to dismiss lock screen.  Within a few seconds, I also received an email to my Gmail account with the reminder that I have a meeting.

I then opened the meeting from my phone and changed its start time to 5 minutes in the future. I again got the reminder and another email for the changed time.

From the sounds of it, are we doing anything different? If you are doing the same thing, something must be set different, or as you suspected is blocking it from happening.

I really haven't customized my load too much, and although I have downloaded a few apps, I don't use any of the task killers or anything like that. Just a few games, fun stuff, etc.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My only suggested work around for this atm is to setup sms notifications when your ready for the schedular to kick in, you will get a text instead of an anoying alarm anyway. Only thing i got until i can get the time to play a bit more. Sorry im playing with it.

Edit: To my knawledge this is all links to the HTC calender

Message was edited by: MonkeyBrawler

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've pretty much got it working not, I hope.  I uninstalled the task killer.  I am now receiving the notifications from NewsRob, and Calendar when I add an item to the calendar using the phone.  However, when I do add an item using the computer on Google Calendar I don't get the notification.  I'm not sure how often my phone is syncing with Google Calendar though, so that is probably the problem there.  Not sure if Scoreboard is working yet, will have to wait for one of my teams to play.  I'm going to use the phone without a task killer for a while and see how the performance is.  I still think it's odd that none of this worked well even though I had all these programs on the ignore list...

Highlighted
Journeyman

hey there...have you ever figured this issue out?  i was just searching for answers on this exact problem.  i only get the notifications when i add the events from my phone...which i guess is fine - i'll just pick and choose what events i'll need notifications for.  just thought i'd ask to see if you've figured it out.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat