Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar and Exchange

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Calendar and Exchange

A new calendar issue,  I am unable to add calendar items that are synchronized through Exchange.  I have the "outlook" calendar option, but that does not sync; it also shows with a color tab that is different from items originating via Exchange (e.g., from my desktop).  My list offers three calendar options, but Exchange is not one of them.  Yet, my Hero receives Exchange calendar items.  Can anyone add Exchange items from Hero?  (not using Google calendar as intermediate step).

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Calendar and Exchange

vdpluijm wrote:

A new calendar issue,  I am unable to add calendar items that are synchronized through Exchange.  I have the "outlook" calendar option, but that does not sync; it also shows with a color tab that is different from items originating via Exchange (e.g., from my desktop).  My list offers three calendar options, but Exchange is not one of them.  Yet, my Hero receives Exchange calendar items.  Can anyone add Exchange items from Hero?  (not using Google calendar as intermediate step).

I am using Exchange and I don't have a problem with the sync.  My calendar syncs both ways (things created in outlook or on the Hero both show up on the other) with no issues. Do you have "calendar" checked under "data synchronization" in the "settings" menu?

My setting are:

Under "data synchronization" and "Exchange/Activesync"

Schedule "as items arrive"

Mail, Calendar & Contacts all "checked"

Hope this helps, so far I'm happy with how the Hero syncs with my Exchange server.  It's not as seemless as WM 6.1 was, but pretty good for a non-microsoft platform.

Journeyman

"exchange" does not appear on the options of the calendars list when making new appointment.  However, the hero syncs just fine getting these data.  i removed all calendar data and resynced and the exchange outcount restocks the calendar, but still does not allow me to make an appointment.  Sync shows that it updates calendar, which it does, but not when i make the appointment on the hero.  I see the exchange option in other places, so I know it exists and mostly works (and it syncs email).

Journeyman

UPDATE.  There is another calendar software issue for Hero

I am able to use exchange MOSTLY (email, contacts), but discovered problem with calendar (above).  I get exchange calendar items from server, but cannot create exchange appointments from hero.  The calendar list includes "outlook" among options, but not the "exchange" calendar.  Because there is no exchange selection for making appointments, the item just remains on the hero and does not sync.  HOWEVER, I discovered that I can change an existing exchange calendar item from hero, so it is possible to communicate from hero to exchange server (so both ways).  Anybody duplicate this?  (after firmware upgrade)

Journeyman

I saw the same thing in my HTC Droid Eris on Verizon.  Without getting into how I belive the problem exists in the first place, here's how I fixed it:

Go to Settings | Manage Applications | Calendar

• Clear data

Go to Settings | Manage Applications | com.android.providers.calendar

• Clear data
NOTE: THIS WILL DELETE ALL CALENDAR ITEMS.
Delete the existing Exchange account (this should delete all e-mails, calendar items, and contacts)
Add the Exchange account.
Now the Exchange calendar will show up properly throughout the phone (i.e. you can see it in the list of all your calendars, you can add/edit events to an Exchange calendar, etc, etc).
Hope this helps.
Journeyman

Yippie.  This worked.

Journeyman

I cannot sync my Outlook 2010 calendar with my EVO, but I can sync mail and contacts. I was trying your possible solution, but I couldn't find.... | com.android.providers.calendar in Manage Applications. There was com.android.providers.use and com.android providers.ap, but not .calendar

I am using an EVO. Any thoughts?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat