Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call me Crazy

Journeyman sol
Journeyman

Call me Crazy

Sooo I hope everybody's week is doing well

and hope you had a great weekend!

so I went out to town to san jose, to visit the mother in law.

I changed from my blackberry to the hero

I love my hero but, unlike my blackberry, the hero needs wi-fi to surf the web?

is that so? cause that is what i saw on the way.

with my blackberry (8330) as long as I had signal (the signal at home sucks so we use the airvave) it would let you on the internet.

sooooooo....

am i doing something wrong...or did i see it right? without an actual internet conecction you can't surf the web?

I apologize for my newbie-ness

hope everybody has a great week!

-Sol

14 REPLIES 14
Journeyman

Re: Call me Crazy

Like you, I have been away all weekend. I was up in Vermont and, for the most part, the state had great 3G service. Where i was the majority of the time, in the mountains, i had a two bars on 1X, if i was luck, and was still able to surf the web. It was slow loading but took no longer then 10 sec. to load a page. What are your settings?

Journeyman sol
Journeyman

Settings..

maybe that's why i can't surf the web without the wi-fi..

help?

Journeyman

are you using the stock browser or a marketplace browser, such as opera? i had a real tough time with opera loading anything. The stock browser is alos a bit slow and sometimes needs a refresh. when u say u could only run off wifi, were u in a non roaming area? sprint has a stock setting that doesnt alow data roaming, on my phone it did at least. i had to turn that off.

Journeyman

p.s. my typing is not very good tonight

Highlighted
Journeyman sol
Journeyman

I use the browser that comes with the phone

and when i say running on the wi-fi is my house's wifi

we have the router and you know just as if it was a laptop.

and when i tried to do it in san jose i had perfect 5 bars..

which is kinda sad that it oculdn't surf the web like the bb did.

Journeyman

hmm thats odd. like i said i was running on 2 bars of 1X (sprints "edge" network) and was loading pages fine. So your phone has never been able to get on the web unless connected to wifi??

Journeyman sol
Journeyman

yeah it only works when there's

wifi

you know why that might be?

i'm a complete no0b to androids...so yeah...

and don't worry about the spelling

Journeyman

has your phone done the auto PLR update. Its a prefered list for roaming but "from what i understand" it also can contain new updates to local towers. If all of ur updates are current you may have a defective phone. Give me a few minutes and I will go through my browser and 'net settings to see if anything shines a light on ur issue.

Journeyman sol
Journeyman

i have tried to look for updates

but i can't seem to find any.

it's probably that too.

okay thank you Smiley Very Happy

Journeyman

ok this would be the easy fix. start ur browser and press menu < more <settings < reset to default (last option at bottom). maybe somewhere along the lines you got off of the default plan. give it a shot and post ur results.

Journeyman

to update your PRL go to Settings < About Phone < Sys Updates < update PRL

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat