cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't establish a reliable data connection on the server

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anyone know how to create a reliable data connection?  I am trying to create my google account on my HTC Hero and each time I try it does not go through and says the above message.  Can anyone help??

Thank you!

Lacey

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Could be a radio issue. Got to >>about phone >>system updates and run through the updates. Your baseband(radio), PRI, and PRL may not be current. Worth a try anyway.

Journeyman

Hello, i do appologize for your troubles with the device. Here's something u can try

1.     Make sure the Gmail account is not locked out from mobile access. Use Google’s Captcha link to make sure the account is not locked. Click here.

2.     Open the YouTube Application on the device.

3.     Click the menu button, and click “My Channel or My Account

4.     You will be prompted to sign in their Gmail information. Have the customer enter their full

Gmail address

and

password

Once signed into the YouTube application, the Gmail email will setup under

Accounts & Sync allowing access to Gmail email and the Android Market

If this doesn't work please post back what happen.  Have a good day.

Journeyman

Re: Can't establish a reliable data connection on the server

HI, I'm not the original poster, but I was having the same problem trying to add a 4th gmail account to my phone.  I tried your solution about logging into YouTube with the new gmail business login.  I still got an error about the network not being available, but my connection to Google's servers was made and I could then go back to Accounts & Sync to access the new google account.

Additionally, when I went to the Sprint store the yahoo there suggested (without first checking for information about similar problems) that I hard reset my phone.  Happily, I'm savvy enough to know this was not the correct solution for this problem. It may be an issue with HTC Hero and networks though because in the store we tried connecting to this email account with an EVO and it worked without issue.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat