Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete No0b!

Highlighted
Journeyman sol
Journeyman

Complete No0b!

I've never had an Android phone, I just changed from my blackberry curve, to the Hero.

I got it today at best buy, I realize it's cheaper to by it through them than through sprint, although I had to add a new line

to my plan so i could get it for the cheaper price...lame lame

So I'm trying to play with it, but it's all sooo confusing, I can't seem to find anything, I don't see my facebook thingy, then it tells me that i have IM from my contacts on Windows Live, but i got nothing......i'm so confused

any help would be great!

4 REPLIES 4
Patron

Re: Complete No0b!

Read the getting started manual, and the other one. Use the forum search, google.

Journeyman

sol wrote:

I've never had an Android phone, I just changed from my blackberry curve, to the Hero.

I got it today at best buy, I realize it's cheaper to by it through them than through sprint, although I had to add a new line

to my plan so i could get it for the cheaper price...lame lame

So I'm trying to play with it, but it's all sooo confusing, I can't seem to find anything, I don't see my facebook thingy, then it tells me that i have IM from my contacts on Windows Live, but i got nothing......i'm so confused

any help would be great!

Your notifications are at the top. Place your finger at the top and slide it down (while maintaining contact with the screen) it will bring down your notifications and you should be able to touch your message from your friend to open it up and respond.

Or, you could slide the main home screen (with the huge clock) slide it right, and there is a message icon on that page. Touch that.

To sync with facebook, you need to touch people, pick a contact on fb, move to the 4th icon on the bottom and select your friend (usually there is a suggestion as well). Of to view facebook, there is a bookmark you can use with the other book marks.

Journeyman

I would suggest that you read the Sprint Hero Basics Guide from the Table of Contents to page 106, implimenting the solutions found that meet your needs.

Journeyman

You can also watch all the video reviews that have been posted to see how to navigate around on the phone too.  When I first started with Android emulator, the 'long press' on the screen was new to me.  Anyway, watching the videos should help you out.  I guess your situation gives credibility to Sprint's corporate stores providing their 'ReadyNow' service.

mmark27's video review thread http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/117041#117041

Sprint's Support Site too has some great information http://support.sprint.com/support/device/HTC/HTC_Hero_with_Google-APA6277KT

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat