cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completed the 2.1 update on Hero :(

Highlighted
Journeyman

Completed the 2.1 update on Hero :(

Install was a breez.  Nothing special with 2.1 very disapointed.  Gona upgrade as soon as i can to another phone .  Should have know when I baught this thing it was gona be under powered .

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: Completed the 2.1 update on Hero :(

I am with you on this one....this "awesome" phone quickly turned into nothing but trouble for me. I got the Palm Pixi a couple months ago (I know quite a downgrade from the hero) but i needed a reliable phone and im very happy with the pixi.

Wizard

Not sure what you expected, but my Hero rocks with this new 2.1 leaked ROM. Everything looked a bit sharper, better icons, better apps, better camera, 40% better battery life (so far from what I can tell), less lag, louder in call volume. Thumbs up all around for this phone compared to 1.5. Of course its processor, RAM and storage are all outdated, but this is a vast improvement.

Journeyman

mmark27 wrote:

Not sure what you expected, but my Hero rocks with this new 2.1 leaked ROM. Everything looked a bit sharper, better icons, better apps, better camera, 40% better battery life (so far from what I can tell), less lag, louder in call volume. Thumbs up all around for this phone compared to 1.5. Of course its processor, RAM and storage are all outdated, but this is a vast improvement.

I couldn't agree more, except for the battery life.  I was at work and left my phone at home on the charger yesterday.  So I haven't had a chance to check it out.

Journeyman

What leaked ROM did you guys download?

Journeyman

The one thing I want to know is have they removed the picture size limit when you are sending a sms message? I'm tired of that 1mb limit.

Journeyman

I dont think they changed the 1mb upload I recall the settings on this rom said standard 1mb upload in the settings.

Journeyman

If you did not find it yet just search on Google for android 2.1 Rom Leak

It worked for me gave me Android  2.1 but nothing realy cool other than a new Android market and a bunch of Sprint navagation crap .  No live wallpaper

Journeyman

Not to sound sarcastic, but what does everyone expect from this phone, or any phone for that matter? IMO your phone will do what you 'need' but will never do what you 'want' as long as there is better technology on the horizon such as EVO and Iphone 4g. My Hero currently does what I need it to do, but knowing what I know about the EVO won't do what I want with the live wall paper and faster speed. And I'm sure in 6 months to a year we will be saying the same thing about the EVO when the next generation of phones come out 5g or what'ever they maybe. We as consumers have it so good in that new technology phones end up in our hands for a low cost and most of the time exceeds our expectations about every 6 months, except Iphone.

Journeyman

I also agree with the positive comments. I upgraded this morning and love the improvement. Several nice touches... personally, one of my favoraites is the automatic lowering of the ringtone when I pick up the phone...

It's true that the phone is still underpowered but it will do until my EVO arrives in a few weeks.

Overall, I'm not dissatisfied with the phone and the 2.1 upgrade is a significant improvement.

Still some advantages over the iPhone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat