cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert and Sync videos/movies to your Hero and Moment!!

Journeyman

Convert and Sync videos/movies to your Hero and Moment!!

One problem with Android is that it does not support many different formats to play videos and movies...

So here is what I suggest.

Go to http://www.doubletwist.com

Download the program onto your COMPUTER.

Once you did that, connect the USB to your phone and PC...mount your device.

After that find the video you want an drag it into the Video section of the Double Twist program.

Once there, now drag the video from the videos section to your Sprint Android device in the program..the video will be saved to the Double Twist folder somewhere in your SD Card (Not sure if they call it Double Twist in the SD card)

Now wait and let it sync...it will convert the file to mp4 with the proper res and codec..works like a charm..I have done that with three television shows and Boondock Saints II today..the quality is better then just dragging AVI or Divx files to your android device and using something like yxflash to play them. Now, just watch it on a prefered video watching app such as Meridian or VIdeo Player.

Enjoy!

Message was edited by: Chiccora

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Convert and Sync videos/movies to your Hero and Moment!!

Im going to have to give that a try, thanks for the suggestion!  Does it do any shrinking of the video files when converting them to mp4 such as scaling down the resolution to better fit the screen size of the phone?  If so this will be very handy the next time i have to fly anywhere

Edit:

Your link didnt work, one too many w's in the www

Message was edited by: jmiller808

Journeyman

I wonder if it works the same on Mac, though I guess I could always boot into Windows if I needed to

Journeyman

Looks like there is a mac version, so i would imagine it would work the same on a pc.  the link was a little tough to see though small grey text under the big blue download button...my eyes are failing me, that grey on slightly lighter grey background is no fun

Journeyman

yeah, I knew about the Mac version. I'm just curious if the encoding process works the same, but since I left for work without my macbook, I'll have to wait until I get home to try it. Figures, the one day I forget it, I could use it to test with

Sprint Product Ambassador

Who knows?  I use Handbrake for the encode side - the latest version is a full replacement for Visual Hub.  Just pick iPod Touch format and let it run.  All my movies of my kiddo are now on the phone!  I can bore people even when I don't have my laptop with me!!

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

lol I fixed the extra "w" in the link

Apparently this program can be used for many different phone models ranging from LG phones to Blackberrys for converting and syncing...So far so good,

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat