cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could anyone point me to the 5 meg. camera on my Hero?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Could anyone point me to the 5 meg. camera on my Hero?

What can i say? I truly find my HTC Hero as an amazing phone in its own right. However, HTC claims that it has a 5 meg. camera?  Can anyone kindly help me find it?  I once owned a Samsung Instinct HD phone that had a 5 meg. camera which takes amazing photos and amazing HD video!

Why cant my Hero do the same? Its ashame that Ive snapped so many pictures that all seem to have come out horrible, exept for the ones that i shot outside in daylight. I noticed that the camera seems to have a hard time taking stable pictures indoors. Hopefully this issue is only a software problem and not a hardware problem.

Cant wait for the EVO!  This phone has me going nuts with its features...Especially the cameras capabilities!  8MEGS.!

NO NEED TO ASK HOW MUCH!

I WANT IT! 

Gotta thank the good people at SPRINT for all the hard work that made the EVO possible!

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Could anyone point me to the 5 meg. camera on my Hero?

Just my opinion here but if you're not happy with the camera on the Hero don't expect to be happy with the camera on the EVO just because of the upgrade in megapixels.  It is still an HTC phone and my experiences have for the most part been that regardless of the upgrade in megapixels the quality of the camera with the same manufacturer doesn't really change.  Remember, this is just my opinion.

Journeyman

The EVO will have a flash so it will more than likely take better pics than the hero  My Samsung Moment has a 3.1 MP camera with a flash.  Why in the heck did HTC not put one on the Hero?

Journeyman

I think someone should invent a double faced tape dual LED flash for the hero!  hahaha!

Journeyman

IDK, but I think it has to do with power usage issues.  That Hi-power LED drains a whole... 3 mAh.

[sarcasm]Two?  Like the new EVO?  The battery would be flatter than a deflated balloon. [/sarcasm]

Journeyman

Mostly it is a software issue, but also has to do with hardware. The camera was optimized in the MR update and it has gotten upgraded again in 2.1. Mostly it was due to speed that it doesn't look so good. It gets a bit jittery, and then has low quality as a result. The EVO will be a lot better because it will have a lot of optimizations, is much faster, and the flashes will help in dim light. Until then, keep the phone as still as possible and take pics in good lighting. MP don't count for a whole lot, so never expect that to translate into better picture quality. I do think most of the problem isn't with the camera unit but the overall speed and software of the Hero.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat