Journeyman

Crash every morning

I get this message every morning:

process android.process.acore is not responding    

have to power off then on

9 REPLIES 9
Wizard

Re: Crash every morning

Sounds like you have a defective unit from this and your other posts.  I suggest a factory reset and start over from stratch, or head into a Sprint store.  If you are truly unsatisfied, return the unit since you are within your 30 day window.

Journeyman

Not necessarily a defective unit. I had issues like this with My Hero where I installed an application that didn't get along with HTC sense and got errors like this. Yes you will have to hard reset, but do the best to identify the offending application and remove it. If it is happening at the same time every day it might be an application with a built in alarm or notification system that is freaking your phone out and causing a crash. I would start there.

Mostly this kind of thing is caused by skinning applications or applications that attempt to override any standard HTC Sense applications such as calendar, keyboard, sense itself, clock, etc.

Journeyman

You may not necessarily have to do a hard reset. Something I installed had killed all my google apps like gmail and gtalk, killed my vvm, would not let the phone application work, and could not find a Sprint network signal. It was force closing all of those at every boot, then kept saying the process com.acore........just like you're having. Thought I was gonna have to do a reset til I read online that it may be caused by an app. So I uninstalled the last couple apps + a few that I didn't really need, rebooted, and it worked fine.

Journeyman

I have the same problem, but can't figure out what app did it.  I installed so many, so fast, Its just too much of a pain to uninstall 1 program, and reboot, and repeat.  can you guys tell me what the offending apps you've found are?

thanks

Journeyman

This may be it.  It may have something to do with prolonged searching for a sprint signal.

Journeyman

tracked it down to the "Video Player" app

Journeyman

Actually I've tracked down multiple apps now, that give me the same errors on boot up. If you remove them, it goes away. It makes me wonder if there is a major program compatibility issues with the Sprint HTC Hero's.

FYI, I have 70 MB of free internal memory, so I don't think that's an issue. 

Here are the Market names for the apps causing problems:

"Java/J2ME Manager"
"Video Player"
"My Coupons"
"Gtaks"
"Handcent"
"CompSMS"
"Taskpanel X"
"Astrid"
"LocA"

Its getting very aggravating now.  There must be a larger problem that need solving.

Journeyman

Check this out, whenever you're downloading apps from the Market, download them 1 or 2 at a time. I notices whenever I install a lot, like 5 or 6, then reset, it jacks up my processes (acore, phone, google apps) until I install the last couple apps and reset. Re-installed a couple of the apps and it worked fine after I reset my phone.

Journeyman

I tried that, and I'm still getting problems.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat