cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data connection failure

Highlighted
Journeyman

Data connection failure

Foolishly I activated a different phone on-line and decided to go back to the Hero.  The phone connection worked fine.  Attempts to re-establish the data connection with Sprint tech support's help failed.  Any ideas how to update the PRL successfully?

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Data connection failure

Have you tried hard resetting the Hero? When I have had phones that won't provision data correctly after being activated once before, a hard reset has always fixed it. It wiped everything on the phone, but it brought data back for my customers.

Journeyman

I was hoping to avoid that.  There's the hassle of losing contacts and personalization, but I worry more about the paid apps I'll lose.

Journeyman

Your contacts should be syncing to google (unless there's a problem, or they're set to "phone") and your apps will download themselves again, unless you're talking about non market apps.

Go to gmail on your computer and see if your contacts are in there, if so, they'll sync to your phone (or any new andriod phone for that matter)

Journeyman

Still no luck after a hard reset.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat