Did you mean: 

Daylight Savings and Calendar

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Workaround for my Exchange DST issue

Stay tuned right here next week...

Journeyman

Re: Workaround for my Exchange DST issue

Exchange is not adjusting the GMT offset for daylight savings thus making recurring meetings scheduled during DTS that continue past DTS appear an hour too early.  Cut and paste directly from my Exchange Calendar on just such a meeting:

"Note: The GMT offset above does not reflect daylight saving time adjustments."

It looks like HTC will have to program around this Microsoft "bug".   I did not check to see if Google GMT offsets are correct in the same circumstances.  Sad that Microsoft messed this up.

Journeyman

Re: Daylight Savings and Calendar

Stoping the synchronizing, clearing the calendar data, and then resynching as described earlier in this forum worked for me. You can even remove your exchange account and re-add it to be double sure, but it worked for me before that.

Journeyman

well myissue is slightly different after reading through everyone else's problem with the 1 hour difference. All of my events show up a day earlier than they are supposed to.

Example: Today is Wednesday and I have an all day event on Friday, it shows up in my mini calender on the homescreen as an event for tomorrow, Thursday. Then Thursday comes, the event shows in the mini calender as a Thursday event.

So I have to set all my events a day after they actually occur so it will display correctly on my homescreen.

Journeyman

Ms2QuteDiva

I too got the day early for all-day events (e.g., Veteran's day).  For me, this occurred for recurring events that were started before linking the Hero with Exchange in late October (pre DST change).  I wonder if this is the same one hour early problem nonetheless, as the full-day apmt is in actuality a 24 hour appointment that starts at midnight.  One hour early spreads the apmt over two days (11pm to 11pm).  The problem goes away when starting new recurring events after the DST change (but may return after we return to DST in Spring unless the ?imminent? upgrade fixes this)

Journeyman

The maintenance release is out and DOES NOT fix the problem with all-day appointments showing up 1 day early (in Event Details and on the smaller of the two HTC calendar widgets). I am not pleased.

Message was edited for spelling by: c4sp14nx

Message was edited by: c4sp14nx

Journeyman

Some recurring appointments are now on the correct time.  Surprisingly, a pre-MR recurring apmt I had today shows now as an hour later (but not the future ones).  All day events seem to work; Xmas is on one day and even the correct one.  Haven't tried other effects of the MR

Journeyman

Your all-day appointments are working? After applying the maintenance release, my Hero still shows Christmas Eve as December 23 and Christmas Day as December 24 (in the event details and mini-calendar widget only).

Journeyman

This technique made absolutely no difference.  Any recurring meetings that were started during DST are still show up an hour early after DST ended.

Journeyman

Ok!

So I got the new update, but my meetings were still showing up an hour early.

Here's what I did to fix that problem:

1.  Updated to the latest firmware

2.  Reset my phone to factory conditions (under the Security settings)

3.  When the phone rebooted, I skipped adding accounts.

4.  Went to system settings to make sure the system was "still" on the latest build - it was

5.  Added my Exchange server settings

And now everything appears to be at the right time.

Side note:  all of my information (contacts, calendar, email) exists in the cloud.  My phone pics were stored on the SD card.  It's easy for me to restore to factory settings.  If you had hand-entered your information and it's not synced with gmail or exchange, you may want to be careful.

Hope this helps.  Now if they can just fix the dust under the screen thing!

Sajji

Journeyman

Yesterday's update aparently fixes the problem:

http://www.mobileburn.com/news.jsp?Id=8265

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat