ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Days without charging!?!? (software update)

Journeyman

Days without charging!?!? (software update)

"Initially our battery life was horrible. It is rated for four hours of talk time, but the device would typically drain 40% or so every night with no use. Sprint issued a last minute software update that we managed to get our hands on and it drastically improved the performance. We can now go two days in between charges with moderate to heavy use."

source: http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC-Hero-CDMA-Review-review-r_2284-p_4.html

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone heard of this????

14 REPLIES 14
Wizard

Re: Days without charging!?!? (software update)

No mine won't last that long, only about a day.  I'm on 1.22.651.1 and it said no firmware update available.

Journeyman

Issued a last minute software update.What the? What update?

Journeyman

Just got my Hero... Mine shipped with 1.29.651.1 (Software Version) not sure if it's a big difference or not. I also currently have no updates.

Master

I believe the review devices weren't running final code originally. The update was to bring the review devices up to the most recent codebase. The current software version for the Hero is Software 1.29.651.1 running Android Firmware 1.5 (Cupcake).

Journeyman

i bought mine on sunday, and the battery doesnt last more than a day, even with wifi and gps turned off, taskiller installed, and the screen set tot urn off after 15 seconds. its really pretty ridiculous. i love this phone, but if i forget to charge it at night, it wont work the next day.

Journeyman

You mean 1.22.651.1, right?

Journeyman

Nah, I triple checked mine. It's definitely 1.29.651.1

I ordered mine through Sprint and it was shipped overnight. Got it on the 13th.

Journeyman

mine is 1.29.651.1 also..

Journeyman

1.29.651.1 here too

Journeyman

this is caused by the text messaging program hanging, and not allowing the phone to go into sleep mode. check this post here.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/123006#123006

hopefully itll be fixed soon.

Journeyman

Alright, well here's another one for sprint, then. I have 1.22.651.1 (and so did someone up towards the start of the thread). It claims that no updates are available.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat