cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Sprint Apps

Journeyman

Deleting Sprint Apps

Why can't we delete Sprint apps like "Nascar" or 'NFL". As a paying customer I beleive I should have the option to chose to keep them or not...

CC

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Deleting Sprint Apps

Unfortunately, there is no way to delete those apps without rooting. As for myself, I followed the easy How to root guide on the XDA Dev site for the sole purpose of getting Nascar off MY phone! Wasnt a big app in size but hey....at least I dont have to see something that I detest sitting there in the app folder everytime I open it.

Master

I read that sprint is about to launch a new app store(1st Q 20010) and that future phones will not come pre-loaded with these apps, You will be able to go to the new store and download those apps if wanted. Tried to refind it but can't seem to find the one that states that these(Nascar,NFL) apps will not come pre-loaded, But here is a link to a post reporting the new app store;

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9140082/Sprint_to_open_app_store

Journeyman

You have to root it.  I did and deleted Nascar and Stock.  All you gain is more space on your internal phone memory - it won't necessarily make your phone faster or anything.

http://sprintherotips.blogspot.com/2009/12/i-took-dive-and-rooted-my-hero-success.html

Message was edited by: qrius

Journeyman

I hope youre right Levi and hope that those apps are not included in future rom updates like the upcoming 2.1.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I hope you're right too. I hate those apps. I'm all for them if people want them. There are lots of apps that are useless to me but everyone should have a choice.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat