Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you know any Nextel phones which works in Japan, Australia or India?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do you know any Nextel phones which works in Japan, Australia or India?

Hi everybody!

I just want some clarification. The concern is I am looking a Nextel phone which works internationally. Now, whenever I am asking any phone like this, everyone (store, telesales, online) offers me the Nextel phones which works in selected six countries with direct connect feature.

Now I am explaining my question with examples:

First question - I want a phone which can be used internationally direct connect feature in Argentina? The answer is - Any Nextel phones

Second question - I want a phone with which I can use call feature in Brazil? The answer is - Any Nextel phones

Now the main question -  I want a Nextel phone which can be used in Australia, Japan, India e.t.c. as Sprint has Blackberry Tour, HTC Touch pro2 e.t.c..

So what are the options we have in Nextel as International phones.

Hope everybody got my question!

Thanks!

steel_max

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Do you know any Nextel phones which works in Japan, Australia or India?

Quote: "

Hi everybody!

I just want some clarification. The concern is I am looking a Nextel phone which works internationally. Now, whenever I am asking any phone like this, everyone (store, telesales, online) offers me the Nextel phones which works in selected six countries with direct connect feature.

Now I am explaining my question with examples:

First question - I want a phone which can be used internationally direct connect feature in Argentina? The answer is - Any Nextel phones

Second question - I want a phone with which I can use call feature in Brazil? The answer is - Any Nextel phones

Now the main question -  I want a Nextel phone which can be used in Australia, Japan, India e.t.c. as Sprint has Blackberry Tour, HTC Touch pro2 e.t.c..

So what are the options we have in Nextel as International phones.

Hope everybody got my question!

Thanks!

steel_max"

First question - What does Nextel has to do with "Hero by HTC" forum? The answer is - NONE, NADA, ZILCH

EOM.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Do you know any Nextel phones which works in Japan, Australia or India?

Hmmm, I don't know if you can do much of that, however I am more familiar with Sprint phones as to Nextel...here is some basic info that might help..

i930 v505 and BB Curve can use many international features involving data like e-mail and browsing for example, however I believe an add on needs to be added to your account which care can help you with.

I know that the i856 Motorolla Debut can do the following according to sprint.com:

International Direct ConnectSM

International Direct Connect Calling lets you instantly connect from the U.S. to users in other eligible countries including Canada and Mexico. In addition, International Direct Connect Roaming lets you make and receive push-to-talk calls while traveling in those countries.

It would be best to contact iDEN care or speak wth their tech support to find out more info.

Again, contact Tech support ot Iden Care for full info regarding features.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat