cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone else have troubles getting to their battery on the HTC Hero with Google?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anyone else have troubles getting to their battery on the HTC Hero with Google?

Hello,

As ridiculous as this sounds, I can't get to my battery.  I've called Sprint AND HTC about this problem, and they all think I'm incapable of opening the back to get to my battery.  I've owned plenty of cell phones in my day to know full well how to open the backs of phones to get to the batteries.  My phone doesn't have a finger area to pry open the back like the user manual says, the backing does NOT slide up, down or side to side either.  I've tried taking knives (very carefully to prevent damage to the inside of the phone) and my fingernails to try to literally pry the backing off but it doesn't work.  I don't want to break it in the process.  I've tried having my boyfriend, coworkers and bosses get it to open and they can't figure it out either, our IT guy can't even figure it out!  Someone please please please help me!  Thank You!

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Does anyone else have troubles getting to their battery on the HTC Hero with Google?

Grab your phone upside-down with both hands and thumbs on top of the back. Push slightly down and hard toward the top. The first few times might be rough but eventually you wont be able to keep the thing closed if you do it enough.

Journeyman

Re: Does anyone else have troubles getting to their battery on the HTC Hero with Google?

Thank YOU!!!!!!!!!!

It worked.

Journeyman

Yeah, this has to be one of the hardest phones to get to the battery. I'm always afraid of breaking something...either the touch screen or the back plate.

Journeyman

RSwanson26 wrote:

Yeah, this has to be one of the hardest phones to get to the battery. I'm always afraid of breaking something...either the touch screen or the back plate.

LOL!!!!  Good thing you didn't have the Original Instinct when it first came out.

Journeyman

How many times did the original Instinct come out?  Just out of curiousity.

Journeyman

askmiss1y wrote:

How many times did the original Instinct come out?  Just out of curiousity.

The "original" Instinct(M800) only came out once.  I think there are 3 models out there.

Journeyman

Oh I see.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat