cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Droid Eris Users Getting 2.1 update!! with video!!

Highlighted
Patron

Droid Eris Users Getting 2.1 update!! with video!!

saw this on android central..... htc droid eris 2.1 update with sense ui?

video on here shows 2.1 with pinch to zoom sense....

live wallpapers....

New android Market!!

AND YOUTUBE APP WORKING!!!!!

now only if 2.1 would get rid of issue with dust it would be perfect update!! LOL

here is link to article

http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-eris-users-getting-21-ota-update

AND VIDEO PROOF!!!!!

http://v6.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=2eb5teh&s=6

I guess they are getting updated on the 22nd of FEB.....

sad face for me... want it on my hero....

11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Hero Users Getting 2.1 update Mid April

My Friend is a regional manger and he informed me that we will recieve it mid april which is bullshit cause everyone else is getting it first and the moment will be getting it first as well...

Journeyman

Re: Droid Eris Users Getting 2.1 update!! with video!!

This was a hoax.  The poster even finally admitted it over on AndroidForums.  Impressive video green screening never the less though since it had a lot of Eris owners going crazy.  I wonder if Verizon might attempt to find out who the poster is since you can imagine it had Verizon's support lines lighting up with Eris customers asking 'where's mine'.

Journeyman

DaWeav wrote:

This was a hoax.  The poster even finally admitted it over on AndroidForums.  Impressive video green screening never the less though since it had a lot of Eris owners going crazy.  I wonder if Verizon might attempt to find out who the poster is since you can imagine it had Verizon's support lines lighting up with Eris customers asking 'where's mine'.

Yep, I can see Verizons thugs raiding the guys house, tying him up, and making him watch as his Eris is being burned in effigy while they spray paint the letter "V" on everything. 

Journeyman

DaWeav wrote:

Where? I can't find any admission.

Patron

there is no way that video is fake.

Journeyman

From what I've read, Verizon had released the update before it was ready.  It wasn't a complete update.  A very small number of phones ended up with it, and in some cases it had really messed with things.

I don't think the Eris has gotten a full blown update to 2.1, yet.  But it's coming I'm sure.

...... it could very well be Verizon's marketing strategy..... they probably don't care messing up few phones while keeping thousands of other customers on their feet without losing interest and not getting upset at the carrier for no response/responsibility..... the same reason I posted http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/26941 which irked some people and came to Sprint's defense but the truth of the matter is "customers will always like you as long as you respond positively and show progress not just in words but in action" which Sprint doesn't really seem to understand!

As much as the reports of 2.1 on Eris are confirmed, I never saw any post where actually someone showed a proof of it getting messed up and that to me means just a "sour" talk from all of us who can't get a hold of it yet.....

Journeyman

Unless Verizon's marketing department is comprised by a room full of inebriated monkeys, I highly doubt it.

Good point! But bad answer!! How can we explain all the blunders/confusions caused right after Nexus One release or even Buzz release..... do we really think room full of monkeys did that? Quiet possible but they weren't!!! Sometimes you just have to bounce the ideas off the wall and see how it responds... and now that depends which wall you bounce it off of.... some choose to do it in their living room and some out on a street on others' walls....

And more over, there is no proof it messed up anything...... all speculations.... maybe they (Verizon) are testing OTA while Sprint is supposedly deciding with HTC how to update software!!!

I really wish the discussions are a little civil and logical so it can be interesting!!!

Journeyman

alchemist007 wrote:

...... it could very well be Verizon's marketing strategy..... they probably don't care messing up few phones while keeping thousands of other customers on their feet without losing interest and not getting upset at the carrier for no response/responsibility..... the same reason I posted http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/26941 which irked some people and came to Sprint's defense but the truth of the matter is "customers will always like you as long as you respond positively and show progress not just in words but in action" which Sprint doesn't really seem to understand!

As much as the reports of 2.1 on Eris are confirmed, I never saw any post where actually someone showed a proof of it getting messed up and that to me means just a "sour" talk from all of us who can't get a hold of it yet.....

All that "messed up" talk came from the (one) person who has thus far posted pictures/video of 2.1 on the Eris. The initial post said that the update happened to a friend and it broke his phone, and his friend just wants it working.

Then he said he manipulated the image. Then he posted a video. I don't get it. I think it's something of a hoax. The video is highly convincing, but that has to be a tester/developer.

Journeyman

Well, first: I don't think the response was so uncivil to anyone except the hypothetical simians with drinking problems who we, and you seem to agree here, can safely assume are NOT working for Verizon* (if anything, their marketing dept hovers way over the other US carriers).

I mean, that was my point - I don't think it's realistic to assume this would have been a mess-up on Verizon's part. They wouldn't shoot out on OTA update to some random customers to test the waters, they'd do that testing on in-house devices. So are the clips of an in-house device? Were they leaked by someone trying to shame Verizon? Maybe, I dunno. I tend to think that the people who read so much into this and follow this "news" and frequent online forums, i.e., well, us, comprise such a tiny fraction of the customer base that the notion of these things being done purposefully to wet the appetite of the customers is farfetched.

(*Sprint's PR dept I'm not so sure of, though...)

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat