cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dust in the screen after 2.5 days... bad screen seal?

Journeyman

Dust in the screen after 2.5 days... bad screen seal?

I've had my Hero about 2.5 days and already have numerous dust particles inside the screen. This does not bode well for the future in the least. I took some canned air and sprayed around the edge of the screen and the particles actually moved around inside the screen - this certainly indicates a bad screen seal to me. Is anyone else having this issue? I'm thinking I need to try to exchange the device and try a new one, and if it happens again just deal with it or scrap the whole Hero experiment before my 30 days is up....

Tags (3)
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Dust in the screen after 2.5 days... bad screen seal?

I have one speck of a dust particle in my screen. I didn't notice it until a day or two after I got the phone, and I don't know if it was there when I got it or not. I'll probably go back to the Sprint store for a replacement Hero if I see any more dust get in.

Journeyman

I posted about this issue last Friday. I too have dust issues after less than a week.

Journeyman

I dont have a problem with dust getting into the phone yet, but I can actually see a gap at the bottom of the screen on mine.

Journeyman

this sucks i was wondering about that, mine has a big gap as well but i dont see dust yet but sounds like only a matter of time.

Journeyman

Hello,  I called HTC yesterday about the dust I had under my screen.  They said they are aware of the issue and they are working to fix it.  She said that I should take my phone back and request another unit.  They know it is a problem.  I got a new one, and I have no dust yet.  I will take it back again if there is dust under there in a week. 

Journeyman

ColoradoQuinn wrote:

Hello,  I called HTC yesterday about the dust I had under my screen.  They said they are aware of the issue and they are working to fix it.  She said that I should take my phone back and request another unit.  They know it is a problem.  I got a new one, and I have no dust yet.  I will take it back again if there is dust under there in a week.

I'll be doing likewise as I'm noticing the dust as well. I've subscribed to this thread. Please let us know if you get dust again in your replacement unit.

How hard was it to reconfigure your phone again? Did the market save all the information about what apps were installed and their settings?

Journeyman

I replaced mine yesterday, as well. No dust yet, but I'll report back later. I used MyBackup Pro to save most of my data and transfer it to the new phone. Because you are switching units, the free version WILL NOT WORK FOR THIS, and you have to use the $5 version. I'm not sure if they could have done it free there, but I didn't want to deal with them doing it. Here's hoping this unit is better.         

Journeyman

I too have dust particles on the lower left side under the screen. I purchased mine at Best Buy (10/11/09) so I'm hoping they replace it; I shelled out for the $10/mo insurance through Geek Squad, I hope they won't want to send it off somewhere since I'm still under the 30 days. I'll post an update after I try to exchange it.

Journeyman

ive had dust in my screen since day 2 i am very picky when it comes to dust in screen i mean i seen as u notice one u find others and thats all u can think about everytime u look at ur phone or see a pic and bamm a dust particle! i will be calling sprint today and getting replaced i didnt pay all this money to get a dusty phone!!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat