cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dust under the screen issue - Please post here if you got it.

Journeyman

Re: Dust under the screen issue - Please post here if you got it.

I don't want to have to keep going back to get my phone cleaned.  What is it - a car or something?  It's a damn phone.  I don't have that kind of time.  I just want a phone that's properly made so that I don't get mad dust under the screen's lens.

Good luck to everyone though.  Sincerely!  I think I'm moving on (and back to) Blackberry.  Hero's just too buggy/inconsistent/mal-termpered for my taste.  At least with BB, I know it'll just work.

Ciao!

Journeyman

I have dust under my screen.
Google branded.

Journeyman

Non google branded Hero here, bought it on launch day and I have dust under the glass.

Journeyman

Dust under my screen. Received my Hero last week, and noticed a dust speck under the right corner of the screen yesterday. 

There should definitely be a recall.

Google branded.

Journeyman

Google branded HTC hero purchased at Best Buy on Nov. 22. Dust under the lower left hand screen 1 week later. Returned to Best Buy free of charge on Dec. 11 for what I thought was a brand new, Google branded, HTC Hero.

HTC Hero #2 - 2 hours after owning the phone I noticed 2 large dust specks under the screen. Today (Dec. 15) the screen has numerous dust specks. As well, on purchase day the phone was already updated to the 1.56### update that went out on Nov. 19, the Google page keeps loading the french version, and Facebook won't log-in. I believe Best Buy / Sprint / HTC has given me a refurbished phone marked as brand new.

This will be returned by weeks end. I used an iPhone for 1 year and I truly enjoy the HTC Hero; however, I agree with everyone that this is unacceptable - especially if there has been an attempt to give me a refurbished phone when I had the understanding I was getting a brand new one.

Journeyman

I have a serious dust problem. Upper right hand corner. My phone is HTC branded, I bought it on launch day. I took it in to the Sprint store and was told that it was a cosmetic issue and they weren't liable for it. So, of course I went straight to HTC. After a couple of emails they finally acknowledged that this was a problem that they had heard of before, and they would inform me when they could resolve this issue. But the only way they're ever gonna do anything about it is if everyone who is posting here also contacts them. So please do it! And maybe one of theses days if there's enough of us, they'll actually do something about it.

Journeyman

Bought Hero on Nov. 11 from best buy. Exchanged it one week later because of dust under screen. Hero #2 I exchanged one week later for dust under screen. Hero #3 had dust under screen with in two days. next day sprint posted hero would not get update to 2.0 for up to 6 more months.

Took it back, told them I did not want a new one and went back to my Palm centro (two years old and no dust under the screen).

Journeyman

my friend's phone........ after seeing i think our dust is not even that annoying. btw my other friend had an iphone with at least the same amount of dust under the screen...

btw its so funny to open up this pic on our phone... at night my friend thought i changed my phone to a blackberry LOOL!

Message was edited by: CSOCSO

Journeyman

My "with Google" branded HERO is a little over a month old and now has dust building up under the top right and lower left corners of the screen.  I'd like to see a fix for this issue soon!  I can't imagine how bad this is going to get by the time my 2 year contract expires.

Journeyman

Hi all!  I have a "with Google" branded Hero.  I've had it since December 5th.  I also have had it in the Best Buy HTC silicone case since I bought it.  The case attracts a lot of dust, dirt, and debris onto it, but seems to prevent it from going into the phone.  Today, I took the case off the phone so I could run it under some water to clean it off.  I figured I'd take the phone with me while the case dried.  After only 4 hours of having the Hero (caseless) in my pocket, I now have a few dust specs under the screen.  Most of them are in the upper left corner.  Nothing I did would get them out or even to move.

After having such an enjoyable device for such a short time, I don't think it should have any dust under the screen at all.  So I'm going to exchange it for a new one at Best Buy.  And I'm keeping the HTC silicone case on it until my Seidio Innocase II arrives.  I think the key to preventing dust from entering thd Hero is to have some type of form fitting case on it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

if you have a such an enjoyable device, then u should consider to just get the phone cleaned out before u get another one.

i did it and i am happy. and it was free at the sprint service store

Journeyman

That whould have been nice but both sprint stores and best buy here in Springfield MO. said it was not possible to clean and I would have to exchange. They also said if I cleaned it my self it would void the warranty.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat