cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dust under the screen issue - Please post here if you got it.

Journeyman

Re: Dust under the screen issue - Please post here if you got it.

jrortizr75 wrote:

where do you keep your phone , what kind of case do you have , so far I keep mine in a oakley glasses bag and in my pocket.

still looking for the perfect cover or case

Well I keep mine in my pocket and I don't use a case, never have on ANY of my phones. And that's the point, you shouldn't have to bulk up your phone size so it doesn't get dust under the screen. If you dropo your phone a lot, then a case may be good for you ha! But I like the sleek feel of the Hero and will not put a case on it.

Journeyman

jrortizr75 wrote:

Take it back to sprint to see if the clean it for you or replace it just be NICE and POLITE

I live in Hawaii on the island of Kauai and they have no Sprint store haha!

I'm a premiere customer so I'm sure I will just get the newest latest greatest next year. I just hope the dust doesn't become too big a factpr with in a year... I'm still within my 30 days on Hero Part Deux...

Journeyman

Got my Hero the 9th before it released. Thankful to say...no dust here. Sorry for the ones that have it. Until recently, I just kept in a horizontal case that I clip to my belt but somehow I scratched my phone while I was at work so I bought a hard case for it. Still fits in the horizontal case though.

Journeyman

I had the same situation.  I bought a Hero, it got dust under the screen.  I traded it in, it got dust under the screen also.  I then said forget this, and got the Pre.  10 Times better phone if you ask me, software, hardware, and even anti dust.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've heard quite the opposite. Not to mention http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-hardware-issues and http://www.examiner.com/x-11295-LA-Gadgets-Examiner~y2009m10d25-Palm-Pre-Several-units-have-multiple-dead-pixels

Journeyman

It seems to me like neither HTC nor Sprint have any intention of fixing this dust issue. I contacted HTC via their website and got a response about how they are aware and bla bla bla. Yet nothing is being done about it. I am on my second Hero with more dust than the last one, and now a dead pixel developed. Oh yeah, and my phone is creaky. The first Hero I had was too, which is part of the reason why I got it replaced. My BRAND NEW phone feels worse than my two-and-a-half-year-old flip phone. What kind of crappy manufacturing is this? I thought HTC was supposed to make good phones. Looks like they could care less about their customers being happy.

/another furious customer

Patron

Hey all =]

The people who are experiencing this problem, have not spoken with the right people.

I don't have this "Dust Under the Screen" issue,  I am having are MAJOR NETWORK issues (can't play video, message could not be sent, dropped calls, GPS locations.)  Back to the dust issue, I work in a dusty place, am both a Mechanic and a web designer.  I use my phone with dirty hands, I put it on a table which is very dusty, most of the times, i keep my phone in my dusty and dirty pocket.  lol!!!  Still, no dust under the screen.

I would trade network issues for some minor cosmetic problems anytime.

If anyone is interested in trading their phones (just the phone itself) please message me.  Oh, one more thing, the phone has to have the original firmware, not an updated one, as the update is causing major problems. =]

EDIT:  No broken screens, please! haha

Message was edited by: xtrigit

Journeyman

google branded, dust bottom left after 1 month ownership...

Journeyman

Owned 6 days.  Dust under screen in various places, under the bottom 1/4 or so. 

Journeyman

Google branded. This is my second Hero .. first one I brought to a Sprint corporate repair store, they spent an hour + of me sitting ther ewaiting only to tell me they "couldn't access" the spot where the dust was (pretty much every where after having the phone for over a month) then told me they snapped my 8GB aftermarket micro SD card in half, but they gave me a new one, but I lost all my data. Then they told me about the dust, I was still within 30 days of buying the phone (which I knew was a lie but I went with it) and they gave me a new phone out of box.

The new one I have has a lot of dust under it now. I keep it in my pocket every day with no case. I have a Pre too, but the fucking phone is so creaky under the keyboard and it wobbles a LOT so I enjoy my Hero more because it feels more sturdy but the damn dust problem is too much.

SPRINT HELP US

Journeyman

HTC is really having a problem keeping dust out

and they don't seem to be learning their lesson

the N1 has it too - see?

Journeyman

I have a lot of dust built up on the bottem-left corner.  It really sucks.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat