cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dust under the screen issue - Please post here if you got it.

Journeyman

Re: Dust under the screen issue - Please post here if you got it.

I still can't believe that HTC is requiring customers to pay for the shipping of a product that has a KNOWN defect. In effect we are partially paying for a warranty repair. Whats the point of a warranty if we have to pay?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Shipping is only a few bucks, I could live with that if I had too, but loss of service and no like type temp phone realy makes me mad.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I suppose its just the principal of the matter as far as the shipping cost goes. But yea anyone without insurance or able to get a temp phone replacement is unfortunately out of luck.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree. It is all about principal. They should do the right thing or we will take our money and go elsewhere. In Today's economy and markets, there is no tolerance for a company that disenfranchises its customer base.

What we are dealing with here is "he said she said"; Sprint,  or name any carrier, and handset MFG's  keep pushing as back and forth claiming its the other companies job to deal with this. What a scam! OOh but if you pay us $9.00 a month we will make all this go away, BULL SH*&!

Sounds like felony racketeering to me, and one know a good corporate lawyer or Federal DA.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sent HTC an email a few weeks ago regarding the dust issue and they replied that they are aware but currenlty have no fix for the problem.  Sent another email a few days ago regarding the same issue and got the following response from HTC:

Hello, I understand how frustrating it can be for dust to collect under the screen of your device. We have recently learned that Sprint has a process in place to resolve this issue. Please contact Sprint for the location of your nearest Sprint Service and Repair facility. They are equipped to clean your device, and in doing so will be able to keep the issue from recurring in the future. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us again. You can find additional support at support forums at community.htc.com. There is also a customer satisfaction survey for you to take if you are interested. Philip HTC Technical Support www.htc.com www.twitter.com/htc

Sounds like there is a permanent fix for this issue!!!!!  You will have to take your phone to a Sprint CORPORATE store to have it fixed.  I will be doing this shortly and will report back with my results.

Highlighted
Journeyman

good luck! every Sprint Repair store I called had no ****** clue about fixing the dust issue

my experience so far with dust under the glass has been laughable. sprint phone reps have no idea, htc says there is a fix that only sprint can do, sprint repair centers said they have no clue about a fix...also, my favorite part is the sprint repair reps that roll their eyes because they feel it is no big deal.

Mod note: Please refrain from using profanity on the website. Thank you.

Message was edited by: izzyks

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yup Yup....Just for the heck of it I call the only direct store with a repair center here in Tucson (The Store on Broadway for you Sprint Admins and I have to say that store is a JOKE!!!!) and asked about the Fix for the Hero that HTC was saying they had I got "What problem with dust" I said you have got to be kidding right "No sir I have never heard of it" I said just look online it is EVERYWHERE....He says "Let me go ask our Techs" I laugh and say sure and Ill wait..comes back 3 mins later annnnnndddddddd bam "Gee sir our techs have never heard of that issue either" I said thank you have a nice day and hung up shaking my head. All I can say is FAIL

Message was edited by: azleatherneck

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am new to HTC and I am new to Sprint (only 1 month of service). Out of all the carries with android phones, Sprint was the most affordable and offered a handset that I was really excited about.

Unforutantely this whole debacle is making me regret switching to Sprint and I am highly considering switching back to my previous carrier. In my opinion, the best tech support (HTC & Sprint in this case) is the one you don't have to call. Yet several of us have contacted both Sprint and HTC only to discover that no communication appears to be happening. Sadly I am disappointed and will most likely be switching back soon if this issue drags on much longer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I went to 3 sprint stores here in Springfield MO. and none of them had ever herd of dust under the screen on a Hero. I know several people that have the Hero and I never met one that did not have dust under the screen. I think Sprint is filling us full of BS.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can someone tell me how to unsubscribe from this topic?  I've gone into my options menu and disabled everything I can find and I'm still getting updates in my email.

Highlighted
Master

On the right had side of this page under your profile is an "I want to" "Unsubscribe" link.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks.  Feel like an idiot.  I looked everywhere but the obvious place.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat