cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dust under the screen issue - Please post here if you got it.

Journeyman

Dust under the screen issue - Please post here if you got it.

As you may know, some people have an issue where dust is getting under their screen.

There is a rumor, and I stress rumor, that Hero's with the Google branding don't seem to have this issue because of a better screen fit.  Personally, I'm not buying it because no one has been able to provide photos.  However, some of us would like to start collecting data on this issue.

If you have dust getting under your screen, please post here and state your device "version" (i.e. the branding on the back of the Hero)

• HTC-only branded
  • Google branded

Thanks for your participation.

367 REPLIES 367
Journeyman

Re: Dust under the screen issue - Please post here if you got it.

Yep.

HTC-branded.

Journeyman

Yep - HTC branded.

Journeyman

Yep two HTC branded phones had dust under the screen.  Also the second one developed 4 dead pixels.  Im on my third now.  I had Best Buy give me one branded with Google.  So far so good.

Journeyman

HTC-Branded

Journeyman

Google branded with dust under the screen.

Journeyman

"With Google" from Best Buy, HW manuf date 5-Oct-09, just noticed the first tiny spec of dust under the screen after 1 week of ownership.  I don't often put it in my pocket.

Journeyman

this myth is busted.

with google.. and with dust..

Journeyman

with google and dust under screen that's actually getting pretty bad. i simply carry my phone in my jeans pocket.

Journeyman

Dust under screen

" with Google" on back

Journeyman

with google, no dust, no raised screen on any corners, no uneven gap below screen

Journeyman

I have dust in my brand new google branded handset.  Also had dust in the google branded handset that I exchanged this one far.  Got worse by the day and now this one is getting worse by the day.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat