cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dust under the screen issue - Please post here if you got it.

Journeyman

Re: Dust under the screen issue - Please post here if you got it.

google branded. mine and my sisters both have dust under the screen.

Journeyman

I keep coming back to peruse the responses to this thread after giving up my Hero for a Moment almost a month ago.  I'm shocked by the quantity of phones reported that displaying this defect.  It sort of leads me to believe that all of them have the defect but not all people care about the dust or maybe they don't keep the phone in their pocket.  It's just sad when people are getting 2 or 3 phones and all of them have the problem.  Or your phone has the problem and so does your sister's.  What shocks me even more is that neither sprint or HTC has stepped up to fix the problem.  I know I contacted them several times and was just told I had to wait and they weren't sure about a solution.  That's just unacceptable these days when for over a decade phones have been manufactured successfully with only isolated dust problems.  I'm just happy I swapped when I did.  I mean, my moment may be more of a clunker but no dust in a month and it runs smoother to boot.

Master

I'm on my original launch Hero and don't have a dust problem at all. I keep it in my pocket all the time, especially at work. We also haven't had any customers come into out store with a dust issue.

I think it's like any issue online, you read about it more because those that do have the issue are the ones talking about it and complaining, not the people who don't have the issue. Those without the issue don't go around talking about how they don't have dust in their screen.

Journeyman

halcyoncmdr wrote:

I'm on my original launch Hero and don't have a dust problem at all. I keep it in my pocket all the time, especially at work. We also haven't had any customers come into out store with a dust issue.

I think it's like any issue online, you read about it more because those that do have the issue are the ones talking about it and complaining, not the people who don't have the issue. Those without the issue don't go around talking about how they don't have dust in their screen.

Yes 9 pages of people with dust under the screen, including myself who returned mine, and we're all making it up. lol! Please man. I called Sprint and they acted like it isn't a known issue. Don't play coy. We are customers who bought the phone and don't expect to get dust under the screen. Is that really too much to ask for?

Journeyman

Sho'nuff wrote:

halcyoncmdr wrote:

Yes 9 pages of people with dust under the screen, including myself who returned mine, and we're all making it up. lol! Please man. I called Sprint and they acted like it isn't a known issue. Don't play coy. We are customers who bought the phone and don't expect to get dust under the screen. Is that really too much to ask for?

I agree.  I don't have dust under the screen (yet, hope, fingers crossed, rabbit's foot) but to imply this is not a widespread issue is pretty weak.  The reports of this problem are all over the place.  Just do a quick Google search - htc + hero + dust - to easily see how all over the place...

Journeyman

Google Branded - yes dust...  A lot but only in the lower right hand corner...  Though truly I would keep the dust in exchange for it being so laggy.....

Journeyman

Google branded with dust on upper right and lower left coners.

I can only see it when the sun shines on my screen and the backlight is off.

Journeyman

Got dust under my screen within the first week of owning it...what a disappointment.  I am even debating on trading it in for the Pre or Moment, I for one will not stand for this cheap phone build nonsense!

Journeyman

Yeah, I got it too.  I had a Samsung SPH-A900 since 2005 that was solid as a rock.  My girlfriend wanted me to get a new phone and surprised me with a HTC Hero.  I was reluctant as first because they don't build phones like they used to, but what was I gonna say, take it back?  I switched plans 7 did all the normal things on Dec 11th.  Today is the 22nd and I noticed I have a "spray" of white dust at the bottom left of my screen.  It bothers me quite a bit because this is probably the nicest phone I've ever had.

Until Sprint/HTC resolve the issue, is there some kind of case that we can buy locally to help "protect" the phone from further dusting?

Journeyman

I went to the Sprint store today - to see if they could clear out the dust...  They told me that HTC hasn't authorized them to open the phones and referred me to a third party technician, who'd I have to pay...  You guys are lucky who were able to get them to clean it out..  But I've had nothing but problems with Sprint Customer service in LA...

Journeyman

HTC brand and dusty!

Journeyman

After getting dust under my first one.  I traded it in, and within the first day I had dust under my screen.  I traded it in for the Pre and its awesome.  Not as customizable as any android phone but its simple and works great.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat