cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dust under the screen issue - Please post here if you got it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dust under the screen issue - Please post here if you got it.

As you may know, some people have an issue where dust is getting under their screen.

There is a rumor, and I stress rumor, that Hero's with the Google branding don't seem to have this issue because of a better screen fit.  Personally, I'm not buying it because no one has been able to provide photos.  However, some of us would like to start collecting data on this issue.

If you have dust getting under your screen, please post here and state your device "version" (i.e. the branding on the back of the Hero)

• HTC-only branded
  • Google branded

Thanks for your participation.

367 REPLIES 367
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the HTC version dust under the screen on bottom left and I keep it in my pocket

Highlighted
Journeyman

They cleaned My phone for free but i got dust again ( I work at a VERY dusty place) . Probably if I go back there a few times they will stop doing it for free because its going to be dusty every week

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had my Google branded Hero (from Best Buy cyber Monday sale) a little over a week...just noticed dust under the upper right corner of the screen.  It's most noticable in daylight, or when there's a black image behind it.  Now I have to debate what to do next.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My wife and I bought our Hero's a week ago at the Sprint store, Google branded on the back and NO dust thus far.  I have to say I'm a bit paranoid about this dust issue. Yesterday I removed the battery cover to install an 8 gig microSD card and noticed some dust on the battery.  Not a good sign, but no dust under the screen. Yet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi, I got couple of emails regarding this issue from the past couple of days HTC hero google branded on 2nd device now and trying to keep it away feom dust as much as posible.

But HTC is aware of this issue...

please read below...

New Response From [ Philip (North America Support (Tech)) ]

Hello Julio,

I do apologize for this situation. We are aware that it is occurring with a number of devices, and we are working to resolve this issue for you and our other customers that are experiencing this issue. We do appreciate your loyalty to our products and hope to have this fixed for you soon.

Philip
HTC Technical Support
www.htc.com

Customer Information

Name

jrortizr75

Telephone

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Email Address

Country

United States

Inquiry Information

Inquiry Type

Technical Support

Inquiry Description

Hi HTC CS. Merry X-mas I got a Sprint HTC Hero with dust under the screen what can I do to prevent further dust under the screen and if this is a known issue regarding this phone I read a lot of people at the sprint Forum and also others places online about this. What can I do

Issue Date & Time

2009/12/28 06:38

Reply History

Reply Time

Replier

Comment

Attachment

2009/12/27 00:30

jrortizr75

Thanks Please be advise that is not just me there are many more users with same problems or issues regarding dust under the screen on the sprint htc hero. I be waiting for you guys to figure this out and help out all your value customers.
P.D. I personally been using HTC products for the past 4 years when you guys came out with the PPC 6600 and the PPC 6700 and so on.I do like your products a lot. Please help us out

2009/12/27 00:29

jrortizr75

Thanks Please be advise that is not just me there are many more users with same problems or issues regarding dust under the screen on the sprint htc hero. I be waiting for you guys to figure this out and help out all your value customers.
P.D. I personally been using HTC products for the past 4 years when you guys came out with the PPC 6600 and the PPC 6700 and so on.I do like your products a lot. Please help us out

2009/12/26 06:06

Philip (North America Support (Tech))

Hello jrortizr75,

I understand how frustrating it can be when your device is experiencing an issue such as this dust under your screen. HTC has heard of this issue before. We are concerned about your case, and would like to escalate this issue so we may contact you with a resolution. I will provide your information to our escalations team, they will keep your case open until there is a resolution that they can provide for this issue, and then contact you with that resolution. Unfortunately, there is nothing further that can be done about it at the moment. I apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced. In the interests of keeping things politically correct, I wish you Happy Holidays as well.

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us again. You can find additional support at our user forum
www.htcwiki.com. There is also a customer satisfaction survey for you to take if you are interested.

Philip
HTC Technical Support
www.htc.com
www.twitter.com/htc

all we got to do is keep send in email to them regarding this issue to see how fast can we get this done

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the post j. Problem is, I think there really is no "fixing" this issue on the phones released already. And I don't believe they will be sending out new phones to everyone! ha

I will have mine for a year and since I am Premiere, I will get the new, next greatest haha

Highlighted
Journeyman

I guess you are right, but it would be nice if they did that. I'm keeping mine to just to try something new. I had used many devices and now trying this New HTC Hero wish I loved it so far. with the little problem of the dust under the screen; but like I said so far so good. No Crashes, No Freezes up, No Lag os system lag. better signal, ect.

I wait to next year to get my new upgrade since I'm premier customer also.

Highlighted
Journeyman

stay away from dusters use a piece of clear tape to clean the dist of the phone or a old glasses bag like oakley or so

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a Hero with the Google brand,I've had it a little over a month and no dust so far but there is a small space between the silver part and the screen where I can see some LED light shining out from in between.

Its worrying me alot because my 30 days are up so if anything should happen...

Could someone please tell me if this is only an issue with the Hero moels with the "chin"? And could you post some more pictures of the dust so I know what to look for?

I absolutely adore this phone, I'm so paranoid about this problem now!

Thanks- Vesh

Highlighted
Journeyman

So 3 months, 200 posts, and 21,000 views to this thread... and still nothing.

My phone screen looks like garbage... looks like it has a seriously bad case of dandruff.

The lower left hand corner of the screen is nothing but a big blotch of dust (about the size of an American Quarter).  Its an eyesore. a MAJOR one.

Also the top center of the screen is pretty snowy to.

This is bad... really bad... and I like how no one is really addressing this issue.

I am letting the dead pixels I have slide, and ignoring that.  However I simply cannot ignore this dust issue anymore.

Bad show Sprint and HTC.... bad show indeed.

/furious customer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

where do you keep your phone , what kind of case do you have , so far I keep mine in a oakley glasses bag and in my pocket.

still looking for the perfect cover or case

Highlighted
Journeyman

Take it back to sprint to see if the clean it for you or replace it just be NICE and POLITE

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat