cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dust under the screen issue - Please post here if you got it.

Journeyman

Re: Dust under the screen issue - Please post here if you got it.

HTC Hero, HTC branded.

Ya, dust is creeping from the left bottom and right top corners. I got mine on the 10.09 release date.

I figured if the dust could find a way in, then the vacuum cleaner nozzle could get it out. Partially, but mostly true. i directed the thin crevice adapter for the Hoover onto the sides where the stuff got in, and most of it came out, I think. This could be a temporory fix until I get the time and patience to disassemble the unit, which doesn't look too hard. Patience, a few tools, and a clean work area is required.

Instructions URL:

http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/22036-sprint-htc-hero-disassembly-diy.html

Journeyman

Yes.  First phone was htc branded and only had dust in top right corner.  Phone was damaged and replaced by a google branded which was probably a refurb and it is MUCH worse.  Dust over about 30% of screen in only 3 weeks.

Journeyman

My phone is HTC Branded. The dust is coming in from under the bottom left. it has finally got so bad that I decided to do something about it and talk to Sprint.

They told me that there is nothing they can do about it. If I want it repaired, i'd have to do it myself because the nearest repair center is 180 miles away.

Journeyman

Yup, dust under screen "with Google" from Bestbuy, bought and activated in Jan of 2010.

Journeyman

Good thing the phone is easy to disassemble. I got mine out and put a silicone cover on to help slow down the process.

Journeyman

Google brand with dust. I hate my phone!!!

Journeyman

I think its all HTC Phones. I have had 3 Heros and 3 black EVOs all had dust. Now I have a white EVO for the last mouth with no dust. The white EVO seems to be build better than the others.

Journeyman

HTC EVO (HTC Branded on the back) and I've got a "plume" of dust gathering on the top left of my screen.  I'm extremely annoyed by this, especially in natural light or sunlight it's obstructing the screen.  My only assumption is that dust is permiating from the headphone jack so I purchased a jack-cap to stop the increase in dust gathering.   I probably should have taken this to Sprint when I noticed this last year. 

Does anyone know if Sprint is doing anything to address these issues?  I've heard horror stories about phones being damaged when taking them in for repair. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat