cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ETF loophole upcoming at first of year

Journeyman

Re: ETF loophole upcoming at first of year

I'm considering using this loophole to avoid the ETF, but does anyone know if I can port my number to another carrier as well? It would be best if I could somehow go month-to-month so when I ported there would be no ETF. Thanks.

Journeyman

Yes, you can port your number to another carrier.  You have to do it during the 30 day timeframe.  Supposedly the Sprint billing system will know that there will be no ETF and not charge it.  Even if you port it and get hit with the ETF, call CS and tell them you should not have it due to the changes.

Wizard

troyboytn wrote:

no matter....still constitutes termination without ETF. also there will be another .40 cent charge addition that will work the same way. no matter what it may be, if Sprint changes their end of the agreement this opens an early out for the customer.

So you will terminate your contract with Sprint and pay more with another carrier???

Does not compute here. I am staying with Sprint and I have 4 lines with auto pay and no spending limit

Journeyman

Well, it is true that Sprint has the best deal, but we have Verizon FIOS for internet and TV, so bundling wireless in would be a discount for us that would just about equal Sprint. Plus we wouldn't need to rely on an Airave in our house for signal. Plus, I'm looking to see if the HTC Passion comes to VZW in the next few weeks as the rumor says.

I have to say though, now that we DO have the Airave, our coverage is great. I'm just considering the switch, nothing in stone.

Wizard

I always wait until the end of my contract to make major changes.

From my experience, cs reps do not always know what they are doing and I try not to deal with them. If you are lucky to get a rep that knows what he or she is doing then you may get a good deal otherwise you waist time and money

I cannot put a price on the time wasted dealing with cs

Just my 2 cents

Highlighted
Journeyman

Essentially, what you would do is sign up for service at another provider that gives u 30 days to test their service. Then port your number over there. Then port it back to Sprint as a new customer a week or so later on a month to month service.

Case closed.

Journeyman

Has anyone been successful in canceling without an ETF?

Journeyman

Holmes,

That sounds like a plan. I think I might try that. But do you know the requirements to getting on a month-to-month? Are there any restrictions or plan differentials?

ViolentPeace,

I don't know of anyone who has done it yet, But Sprint does acknowledge the change in contract & will let you out of it. I talked with them yesterday to see what they would give me if I stayed. Nothing really but another discount on my already discounted plan and some extra minutes. Honestly I don't think anyone wants to leave Sprint. Yea the service can suck at times & the phones can get crazy but I think we get what we pay for in a way.  I mean if we complain enough we usually get a nice discount on something, but no other carrier has plans that are as cheap as Sprint. I'd rather pay a high price once for a phone than to pay a higher plan rate for the duration of my 2yr contract. They have all types of discounts for phones & plans. depending on who you know, where you work, & how many lines you have. Everyone is talking about leaving, & Sprint is condoning it, but let's see how many actually do it.

Message was edited by: sexykye

Journeyman

for me, today is key, i'm waiting for the google announcement on the Nexus One

edit: 10am pacific!

Message was edited by: polo79

Journeyman

just called into sprint, i do not have the spending limit thing but am STILL able to cancel on January 20th once that bill posts to my account. I most likely will be cancelling (without an ETF) on that day and going to T-Mobile with the Nexus One.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.